Chrysler agrees on framework of alliance with Fiat

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chrysler agrees on framework of alliance with Fiat

13 mins ago
DETROIT (Reuters) – Chrysler LLC has reached an agreement on a framework of a global alliance with Italian automaker Fiat SpA (FIA.MI) that has the support of the U.S. Treasury, Chrysler's CEO Bob Nardelli said on Monday.
"We appreciate the willingness of the (autos) Task Force, along with industry and financial experts, to consult closely with us in order to achieve this significant step," Nardelli said in a statement.
Chrysler (CBS.UL), owned by private equity Cerberus Capital Management, was deemed by the task force to be not viable as a stand-alone company and was given 30 days to complete an alliance with Fiat or be cut off from U.S. government funding.
If Chrysler can complete an alliance with Fiat and cost-saving arrangements with creditors and its major union, the U.S. Treasury would consider investing up to another $6 billion.
The boards of Chrysler and Fiat have given executives approval to complete an alliance that now hinges on the terms for additional aid for Chrysler, people with knowledge of the discussions have said.
Nardelli said that Chrysler has had a series constructive discussions, including weekly face-to-face meetings with the U.S. auto task force.
"I want to personally assure all of our customers, dealers, suppliers and employees that Chrysler will operate 'business as usual' over the next 30 days," he said.
(Reporting by Poornima Gupta; Editing by Toni Reinhold)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we have a Fiat Viper....................yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :confused:

Does this mean our cars are Italian now?

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! So now the explanation for the FIAT abbreviation that I invented a little while back is for REAL? Fix It At Tators? Chuck is going to fix Ferrari's as well? I want fricken dibs on the copyright and I want it NOW! SHOW ME THE MONEY :headbang:!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as they do not badge the next Viper as a Fiat 500 Viper, it might not be too bad!;)

Chrysler does need small cars, Fiat has them......

Should be interesting!:eater:

Robert

D

DAMN YANKEE

Here is the framework they agreed to

You must be registered for see images