Chrysler prices new Viper near $100,000, below Corvette ZR1

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having the VIPER PASSION or as I'd like to call it "the Viper Venom" is something you can't buy.

I was born with it :D

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont claim to be the smartest business man but i have learned that "reasonable" expectations of cost is a basic rule of marketing.

SRT should lower the price of the shipping to 1250 and just add 750 to the price of the car. they make the same money and honestly people will just not care.

you dont sell a fridge for 500 and then charge 1500 for the ice maker option.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if dodge err srt adds another 1k on the msrp then the car crosses the magic number of 100k. it looks better saying starting at 99k than 100k.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if dodge err srt adds another 1k on the msrp then the car crosses the magic number of 100k. it looks better saying starting at 99k than 100k.

Exactly right. There is a reason it came in at $99K.
Psychological barrier to cross over into six figures

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You missed MGW's point. The 99,390 includes shipping....add the money to the cost of the car and subtract the money from the shipping yields the same bottom line----no change in price--still 99,390

Bill

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I read this thread a few days ago, I cam away going, "crap maybe there is another car that's a better deal than a GTS". So I looked: used Gallardos, a few Ferraris, but after doing my searching, at least for me, there really isn't anything close. A used 458 is as close as I can see for 200, I don't care for the Gallardo personally, AMs pale in comparison (power wise), I hate porsches, will never own a vette. Unless there's something I missed, at least for me, I think they hit this right, from a power and comfort level, I don't see anything comparable.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You missed MGW's point. The 99,390 includes shipping....add the money to the cost of the car and subtract the money from the shipping yields the same bottom line----no change in price--still 99,390

Bill
who cares, it all comes down to the same price. if people have a hard time with the cost of shipping, let srt sell the viper at msrp of 99,390 and free shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte