Chryslers at Carlisle this year?

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is really early, but I was wondering if any of you guys will be going to the Chryslers at Carlisle event here in PA. It's only about 5 months away! I really wanted to make it up last year, but couldn't due to working the weekend :( I was just wondering so I could maybe meet some of you VCA guys up there and stare at your beautiful cars for hours on end, waiting and praying for the day that I may own one. I'll even pay you for a ride in one!!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm In!!!!

Ed, Zoomie, Dan, Bonkers???

Ed better stay home... Dan too, if your Twin Turbo will be working...
Ed stole the trophy last year, this year with all the mods... You'll get it again or maybe Dan?

Lauri

OP
OP
S

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed owns the yellow first gen RT/10 right? I met him at a car show in Hershey two years ago, he even let me sit in his car!! Truly a great guy.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats ED.
Nitrous ED... He'll take you for a spin too. I would avoid that one though. My idea of having fun is not getting sideways at 120+.... Hah, Haa!!!

Nothing like the NOS kicking in!

Gotta love it!
Lauri

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been meaning to hit Carlisle for several years. Now that I know some of you on here will be there I might just have to make more of an effort.

OP
OP
S

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to make sure I meet all of you guys up there so that when I own one I know who to look for when I need help! Has Ed been on the board in a while? I haven't seen any posts from him lately. Isn't his screen name XCELLR8? Sideways at 120? Sign me up!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MD/VA VCA will be there with a bunch of cars and probably a tent and refreshments as in years before. Check the regional information on the front page here for details as the event nears.

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was there two years ago, and had a lot of fun. I even got a chance to sit in Lee's GTS and get some pictures. It was awesome! Thanks again Lee! I would have gone last year, but was away during the show. This year I definitely plan on going, as it is my last year at home before college.
It is definitely a must-see for any Viper fan.

Kurt

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Yeah Lauri, I'm in - despite the fact I took a hell of a beating here on the boards for taking my car up. I think Ed got a taste of it too with those mini stickers - maybe the reason why he hasn't been hanging out here lately???

I'll be heading up on the saturday via Baltimore-York-Harrisburg. I'm sure we can get quite a few folks to join up with us this year.

OP
OP
S

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll join you guys for the drive up. Bonkers, I could meet you in York, I take 30 from Hanover and then take the Carlisle exit. It would be awesome to be able to drive among a group of Vipers, even though I will be driving my Ford Probe GT (I can just pretend it's a Viper) When it gets closer to the show we should make another post so we know who all will be going and where we can meet up, and so you guys can remind me to take my video camera.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm In!!!!

Ed better stay home... Dan too, if your Twin Turbo will be working...
Ed stole the trophy last year, this year with all the mods... You'll get it again or maybe Dan?

Lauri

Right now I may be Flinestoning my car there unless I ever get the motor back in. Actually Rich Lawson (Silver 03 SRT 10) stole the show as he got first in the fun field and I got second. Year before a third in fun field, maybe this year is my year for a first, we shall see. Either way it should be fun, hope you can make this year Lauri!

Ed

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed owns the yellow first gen RT/10 right? I met him at a car show in Hershey two years ago, he even let me sit in his car!! Truly a great guy.

Thanks for the nice words!! I will be there this year and am pretty excited about this years show. Goal to get first place in the main show as every year it seems a bone stock viper wins first in the main show event because not a lot of vipers show up on Sunday.
Made a lot of changes to the car, new elite motor sports fascia, heads / cam upgrade and long tube headers.

See ya at the show.

Ed

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah Lauri, I'm in - despite the fact I took a hell of a beating here on the boards for taking my car up. I think Ed got a taste of it too with those mini stickers - maybe the reason why he hasn't been hanging out here lately???

I'll be heading up on the saturday via Baltimore-York-Harrisburg. I'm sure we can get quite a few folks to join up with us this year.

A taste of what? The mini stickers I put on that morning just for the show as it was just to grab attention, must have worked, I got second in the fun field which is the peoples choice out of 40 vipers, and the year before I got a third. So I would say the mini stickers helped!! Besides they come on and off in a sinch since they were only magnetic stickers.

And I am here everyday, just don't feel the need to post unless I have some thing to say.
Ed

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on attending for the first time. I've been there the past 4 years for the All Truck Nationals a few weels before the Chrystler Nationals.

OP
OP
S

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on attending for the first time. I've been there the past 4 years for the All Truck Nationals a few weels before the Chrystler Nationals.

Awesome, that means my favorite color Viper is going to be there!! I'm a sucker for the original blue/white GTS.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We'll be there again this year with the Va/Md group, usually meet up with Bonkers at York, Saturday around 8am, then Ed, Dan, Kers, etc. as we go up. Others can hook up with me in Owings Mills at 7am, and go to York from there.

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many cars are usually at this show? I have been going to the Corvette show in August(my father owns one) and there is about 3,000 to 4,000 cars that attend that show? I am thinking about taking a ride up there on the Saturday. I assume Saturday is the best day. :D

Bandit400

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll be there again this year with the Va/Md group, usually meet up with Bonkers at York, Saturday around 8am, then Ed, Dan, Kers, etc. as we go up. Others can hook up with me in Owings Mills at 7am, and go to York from there.

Zoomie, hopefully by then I will have had a couple miles behind the wheel of your car. BTW is the one in your avatar the same one you use for your business?? That thing is beautiful!! I am definately gonna do what I need to in order to go this year, maybe I'll bring up the rear and follow the Owings Mills group up if that is ok.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the schedule in front of me for Chryslers in Carlisle and the dates are July 9-11. But before we get all excited about this we should be planning even though its a little early our drive to Tator's BBQ. I wonder if Lauri is still aloud to go into New York, maybe he'll have to ride with one of us. :D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kerry,
My lawyer is working on a entry visa to the state of New York.
Right now the DA is not listening him....
You guys may have to smuggle me to Tators?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Tators decided on a date yet? Isn't it traditionally early May?

Chuck posted dates in another thread, First Saturday in May, rain day is Sunday the day after.
Looking forward to it, always a fun drive and great food!