Clear Bra Installation San Diego

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal is fortunate to have a lot of good install shops out there. I was in business there until I relocated to Texas. The two I know of that I owuld presonally recommend are Premier and StickerCity. Either way they are in the LA area so its a drive. I am sure there are some good shops in San Diego but I havent seen any work from down there so I cant recommend anyone. If you have any questions regarding clear bras feel free to send me a PM.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whatever you do. Don't buy one of those pre-cut kits. Just contact Premier, and have them do a custom cut one..

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would highly recommend having someone install an Xpel kit. I have been installing clear bras for a while and by far the Xpel kits look the best in my opinion. The installers that use bulk rolls of film and then trim the film with a razor can do more harm to your paint than the rock chips. The difference between just cutting the film and your paint is very light. I agree the that the bulk installations look a little better but if they accidently cut your paint it is not worth it. I have seen and removed kits that have been bulk installed and you can see a cut line all around the openings on the bumper as well as around the hood. The reason you are installing the film is to protect your cars paint so why would you let someone cut on it with a razor.

Sorry for being a little long winded on this point but I have seen too many people nearly cry when the film was removed and the car has cut marks. I actually removed film from a car today that someone installed a kit on the car and then used a razor to clean up the installation. You could see the cut marks around the wheel openings and around the front of the hood. So it is important in my opinion to make sure that even though they are installing a kit that you instruct them not use a razor on your paint ever.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would highly recommend having someone install an Xpel kit. I have been installing clear bras for a while and by far the Xpel kits look the best in my opinion. The installers that use bulk rolls of film and then trim the film with a razor can do more harm to your paint than the rock chips. The difference between just cutting the film and your paint is very light. I agree the that the bulk installations look a little better but if they accidently cut your paint it is not worth it. I have seen and removed kits that have been bulk installed and you can see a cut line all around the openings on the bumper as well as around the hood. The reason you are installing the film is to protect your cars paint so why would you let someone cut on it with a razor.

Sorry for being a little long winded on this point but I have seen too many people nearly cry when the film was removed and the car has cut marks. I actually removed film from a car today that someone installed a kit on the car and then used a razor to clean up the installation. You could see the cut marks around the wheel openings and around the front of the hood. So it is important in my opinion to make sure that even though they are installing a kit that you instruct them not use a razor on your paint ever.

If you use someone that has little experience. Then yes there is a good chance that he will cut your paint. With that said,a professional installer who knows what they are doing will wrap the body part instead. Like the hood, front fenders etc. Wrapping it requires no cutting ON THE PAINT. I know the guys at Premier do a fantastic job. Not to mention another guy in Northern Cali. His name is Mariano Gamurot from CS Specialties..

2010 GT3 Premier Clear Bra App + Diamond Cut IR - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Premier Clear Bra Install -- Review - M3 Forum 2010 2009 BMW M3 2008 BMW M3 BMW E90 M3 E92

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used venture shield clear pro. Hes a great guy who will do it in your garage. He's very meticulous and does an excellent job.
Hes in Temecula, much closer than LA, but Im sure he'd drive to San Diego if you paid him a little extra. Or- if you can meet him up there we would also do it.
I had my ACR done by him and he's excellent. (951) 326-9072

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bushido I agree Premier is the best in the business, but your statement about not using kits is bad advice. There are many kit manufacturers out there and just like the films they are all different. Your comment is just too general... and companies like Xpel and Proform Designs design their kits to have wrapped edges with minimal seem lines. You can get the same quality install without chancing any blades near your paint. I agree that Premier can work some magic but they are the exception. So unless you go with them I would recommend using one of the above kits. You will still have a great "looking???" install without taking any chances on some hack cutting your paint up.

OP
OP
H

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Everybody...I am on the hunt

Talked to Premier today...they wrap some of the body parts and score :omg: places that the material needs to be trimmed.

I will call chips away and also venture shield clear pro.

I am not looking for the cheapest.

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Chips Away or Clear Pro do not work out, you can go onto Xpel's website and put in your zip code and it will give you a listing of all the installers in your area that uses their patterns. Like texas_venom said they have about the best patterns on the market.

Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp.