Clear Bra on Side sills

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Ventureshield applied to the side sills of my 2008. After about seven months the clearbra material is holding up nicely. The side sills seem to be running a bit cooler than my 2006 which definitely cause some hazing and minor cracking on the clearbra on the sidesills.

Due to shoes hitting the sidesill the clearbra has some slight scuffs and scrathes on it which have not completely polished out but I guess that is the point of the clearbra.

Here's a pic with the clearbra on the side sills:

2008_Viper_w_Belanger_Headers_Exhaust_6_11_08_035.JPG

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
clear bra on 4 srt10's. I think some type of protection is a must on day one to prevent road rash. We have hadn't had any problems.

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 3M on my side sills right after it rolled off the delivery truck. Although it is visible up close I am glad I did this because you can tell that it is doing its job. Those sticky tires pick up everything and fling it at the paint. Seems to be doing ok with the heat. I did side sills just below the side badges all the way to the black pipe exits including underneath. Also covered behind the rear wheels as that will get hit as well. I paid $250. The nice thing about the 3M, you can just peel it off and replace it when it starts looking bad which I'm sure it will in a few years.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had one installed on the sills too and behind the rear tires. the Sills are doing great but behind the wheels needs to be redone it is peeling in a few spots.

Bruce

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Ventureshield on mine now for over 24,000 daily driven miles. ( 2 years time)

The front bumper material is still perfect.

The sills have started to "yellow" somewhat.

I also have it behind rear wheels with a little bit of "yellowing."

All in all, I am happy with it. No peeling or cracking.

I don't track the car, just some quick blasts here and there.

I don't think it would stand the test of time/ heat on a tracked car, on the sills....

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered their 3M or other clear bra materials online for the Viper? I had a clear bra professionally installed on my G35, and I installed it myself on an earlier Mustang Cobra. No noticeable difference between them as long as you are careful and take your time wetting the material before application. When I sold both cars I removed the clear bra with a heat gun to reveal perfect paint behind. Great stuff!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered their 3M or other clear bra materials online for the Viper? I had a clear bra professionally installed on my G35, and I installed it myself on an earlier Mustang Cobra. No noticeable difference between them as long as you are careful and take your time wetting the material before application. When I sold both cars I removed the clear bra with a heat gun to reveal perfect paint behind. Great stuff!

I had the majority of my ventureshield applied by a professional (hood, front fascia, side sills, rear bumper.) I also added some additional ventureshield behind the rear wheels. Let's just say that the difference between my install and that of the professional is noticeable (mine had a a lot more water bubble). Given the number of compound curves and funky contours on the Viper, I would strongly recommend going with a pro, at least for large scale, high visibility areas. For example, I had the whole hood done and with the hood vents, hood scoop etc I would blow my brains out trying to do an adequate job.

/Rich

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly recommend having it professionaly installed. I have been installing ClearMask for 4 years and it is a difficult process. If you are willing to live with work marks and bubbles then attempt it yourself. If not then have it done by a good installer.

I installed a rocker panel kit on my 04 and it was perfect after 20,000 miles of spirited driving. I never had any issues with the heat... which is significantly hotter than in the 08s.