Clear front turn signals?

OP
OP
D

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I searched ebay right before I posted and didn't see any. I'll keep looking. If anyone comes across them. please let me know.

Does the front facia have to come off to change them?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it is fairly simple to do. You will need to get some amber l.e.d.s lights for the clear lenses. they have them at autozone

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here they are on ebay.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02-Dod...sspagenameZWDVW

CLEAR CORNER MARKER LIGHTS

1.Get a short 10mm wrench and get your clear corner covers.

2. Remove the 6" diameter black "plug" from the rear of front fascia in front of the front tire.

3. Optionally turn the steering wheel so that the tire is angled inward for more working room

4. Reach your hand through the opened hole in the front fascia (where the large black "plug"
was removed), and reach toward the back side of the corner light cover. Depending on the available lighting and the gap of the front fascia from the headlight, you might be able to look down and somewhat see what you are doing.

5. Possibly by hand (but likely initially by 10mm wrench), loosen the bolts (there are 2) on the back of the light cover. By looking at your covers to be installed, you can get an idea for how they are screwed on. The rearward bolt is much harder to access and remove.

6. Once you have removed both bolts (be careful as they are easy to drop and will fall down into your front fascia, requiring you to blindly reach around for them), pull the cover out slightly (not too hard, the light itself is still attached). Then twist the light so as to remove it from the cover.
7. Reattach the light to the back of the new light cover, taking note of the little stub on the back of the light cover to see where it will go into the fascia (i.e., the light cover is not reversible). Place the light cover back into the front fascia.

8. By hand, replace the bolts onto the back of the light cover "posts". The front "post" will be a lot easier to access, and you can screw the bolt on it tightly by hand. Try to replace the rear one if possible, but everyone I have seen post other than myself seems to have had problems accessing it

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to consider painting the light bulb socket gray so that the white doesn't stand out as much, while you're in there.

Alex

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather