ClearMask

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had ClearMask applied my new 09 ACR. Thom Pettigrew from HTP Autoworks did the install. I am very happy with the results. Thom :headbang:is a real craftsman.
I wish this was available when I purchased my first viper in 95'. Back then, I purchased one of those fabric bras to cover the nose. However, I was always removing the bra to wash out the small grains of sand that would get trapped underneath it. This is going to be so easy to maintain and it covers a much larger area. I also no longer have to worry about running the pilot sport cups which have a tendency to throw up sand/rocks.
Thom has a mobile service any will travel anywhere in the country, right to your home garage! Now that's service! Thanks again Thom:drive:

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:

ClearMask is a very good product and Thom is a very good installer. I have had five years of experience with the material and it is as advertised. I recently removed ClearMask from my wife's car, which is her daily driver (2004 T-Bird) to do some custom work. The material came off cleanly and was still as clear as the day it was installed. I had ClearMask on my 04 Viper and Thom installed it on my 08 SRTC as soon as it was unloaded from the carrier.
I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to protect their car against rock chips.
Hal

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had ClearMask applied my new 09 ACR. Thom Pettigrew from HTP Autoworks did the install. I am very happy with the results. Thom :headbang:is a real craftsman.
I wish this was available when I purchased my first viper in 95'. Back then, I purchased one of those fabric bras to cover the nose. However, I was always removing the bra to wash out the small grains of sand that would get trapped underneath it. This is going to be so easy to maintain and it covers a much larger area. I also no longer have to worry about running the pilot sport cups which have a tendency to throw up sand/rocks.
Thom has a mobile service any will travel anywhere in the country, right to your home garage! Now that's service! Thanks again Thom:drive:

Anytime Tim. It was really a pleasure meeting you and visiting New Hampshire. I have to say that next to Hawaii it is the most beautiful state I have traveled to so far. And I have been to 42 states... :drive: :2tu:

I also have to throw in that your ACR has got to be one of the best color combos made. It was my privelage meeting you and getting to work on such an beautiful car. I am looking forward to coming back later this year and working on that "1 of a kind" Viper you own... and doing some hiking around New Hampshire. :headbang::usa::headbang:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have any bubbles underneath the clear bra . I just had mine done too but a few bubbles underneath . They told me few weeks and they will come out on there own ???

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Viper ACR- Had a couple of small bubbles the next morning, but they disappeared in 24/48 hrs. Looks great now!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the video on the website makes it look easy to install, anyone do it themself?

Last edited:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the video on the website makes it look easy to install, anyone do it themself?

Its really not a DIY job. Vipers are not the easiest car in the world to do and I would not recommend anyone trying this themselves... unless they have some similar type of experience. It has taken years to get good at it... and there is always more to learn. It would be very easy to ruin a kit and then your out a few hundred dollars and back at where you started. If you are interested in having a kit installed, let me know and I will see if I can find an installer in your area.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have any bubbles underneath the clear bra . I just had mine done too but a few bubbles underneath . They told me few weeks and they will come out on there own ???

As long as they are water bubbles they will come out. If it gets air underneath the film it will have to be pierced with a needle. The easiest way to tell is if they are white then there is air underneath it. It does take a few weeks to fully cure, so if you dont any any improvement by then take it back and have him fix it. Its a very easy fix and will only take a few minutes.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This stuff works great. I have tons of nics & dings in the clear mask - but the paint is good!

Thom did my ACR. I would not use him for any vehicle I ownI (J/K) - he kept making fun of me for drinking too much beer!

I went from completely sober to stupid drunk during the install. Thom can hold his own!

BTW:
Thom is GREAT. Work is PERFECT. Having the install done in you own garage so you can get hammered while you watch - OUTSTANDING!!!!

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This stuff works great. I have tons of nics & dings in the clear mask - but the paint is good!

Thom did my ACR. I would not use him for any vehicle I ownI (J/K) - he kept making fun of me for drinking too much beer!

I went from completely sober to stupid drunk during the install. Thom can hold his own!

BTW:
Thom is GREAT. Work is PERFECT. Having the install done in you own garage so you can get hammered while you watch - OUTSTANDING!!!!

LOL! It was fun picking on you too while working. Seems like the more you drank the more you left yourself open. By the way, you might have the only all graphite ACR built. I havent seen or heard of any more, so take care of it. You should try to come up for some of our runs this fall. It would be fun to have a couple of beers with you this time after a long day of driving. :2tu:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Viper ACR- Had a couple of small bubbles the next morning, but they disappeared in 24/48 hrs. Looks great now!

As long as they are water bubbles they will come out. If it gets air underneath the film it will have to be pierced with a needle. The easiest way to tell is if they are white then there is air underneath it. It does take a few weeks to fully cure, so if you dont any any improvement by then take it back and have him fix it. Its a very easy fix and will only take a few minutes.

Sounds good thank you for the info:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang