Clunk or knock from right front wheel

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went out for an "end of season" drive in the car yesterday (Gen I) and seem to have developed a loud knock or clunk from the right front wheel area when the wheel is turned and I go over a bump (like turning right onto my driveway over a slight curb). I had a quick look last night before it got dark but could not see anything obvious any pointers to where to look?

Cheers
Nick

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As above...Put on lift, examine carefully; also torque hub nut.

If nothing found, and sound persists...believe it or not, more than one owner has had a similar complaint...later cured by servicing the differential.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less likely than suggestions above, but a bad (loose) anti-roll bar end link comes to mind. Have to check that with both front wheels unloaded or at least equally loaded.

Habu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It could be a shock that has gone bad, check it for leaks!:(

Habu

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Could it be the sway bar end links? I've been told if the boots are worn away and the ball joint has been exposed to the elements, the lube could be gone and the noise could be a slightly rusted or dirty ball joint moving in the socket. I have a similar sound coming from the font end of my car, and my boots are worn through. I have new ones, waiting for time to replace them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang