clutch problem

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I go to start the car, I have to push the clutch in and to the right to start the car. I am told the clutch bushing are bad.Fist of all, where are the bushings? Do you have to remove the transmission to get to them? What happens if I do not replace the bushings? what will happen? The car is a 94 viper with 24,000 miles on it. Do not know if the clutch is original or not.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
The bushings are at the top of your clutch pedal which hangs on a shaft. It is a fun one to replace them! :mad: If you want, call me and I'll walk you through it. :cool:

Clutch bushing #2467770 MSRP $2.60 each [you need two]

914-763-3136

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to do some searching. Someone posted here a kit that had a much improved bushing and also relocated it so the clutch travel wasn't so much.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe makes a different length link that repositions the pedal and shortens the travel, the feel is very nice. I am not sure it is available for the Gen 1.

Phil Lee 94 red RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bushings have worn out twice on my 94 in the last 8 years. The last time I changed them myself. It's a pain if your a big guy. They are cheap plastic bushings. I'm sure the Wizard knows the best way to change them. Good luck!

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Tom Hayden at:
[email protected]
He is: Tom, F&L GoR
on the forum

For the above mentioned "shorter" throw Gen 1 clutch kit.
I put the kit in a couple years ago and love it.
As, Phil Lee, 94 red RT, said,"It's a pain if your a big guy"
I got news for you, it is a pain if you are any size guy.
I took the seat out and you can then lay on your back with some ease and install. I CANNOT see how it can be done with the seat in, but then I have only done one, mine.
Again, you will love the shorter clutch throw, this kit for Gen 1 only.

Later,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte