Code P0152 - which O2 sensor?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure which O2 sensor is triggering code P0152? I think it's the upstream passenger side O2 but I want to know for sure.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P0152-O2 SENSOR 2/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH

I think that means the passenger upstream 02?

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got this same code on my 06 viper. Turns out the gas cap was loose. Turning the gas cap until it clicked fixed the problem.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mopar Man......have you installed after market headers? If so, the same thing happened to me, and it was because the "wiring" for the O2 sensors was too close to the back header tube, and it "heated" the wires up, causing resistance impedence, which threw the code. Once I moved the wires away from the header tube, and covered them with high heat tape, 10 miles of driving and the check engine light went out! Hope this helps.

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Man......have you installed after market headers? If so, the same thing happened to me, and it was because the "wiring" for the O2 sensors was too close to the back header tube, and it "heated" the wires up, causing resistance impedence, which threw the code. Once I moved the wires away from the header tube, and covered them with high heat tape, 10 miles of driving and the check engine light went out! Hope this helps.

No headers, just the Mopar Race Exhaust, but I'll check this out anyway. Coincidentally, the car threw code P0198 (oil temp sensor high) when my wife was driving it yesterday. She said all the gauges looked normal. The oil level is good and the car has never thrown this code before. The idea of heat soak into a wiring harness you've raised makes me wonder if that's not the source of the P0198 as well. The car's gotta go to the stealership anyway (the shift into third intermittently leaves the car in neutral even though the shifter is in the right position), so I'll have them check it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang