Coffee and Rides, San Antonio

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather and Coffee and Rides.

If the "Wind" continues to blow at Gail Forces this Saturday, as it has yesterday and today; I will not be attending Coffee and Rides.
I will most probably instead drive up in my Daily Driver to Rosanky (Bastrop) and visit the Central Texas Museum of Automotive History.
This will be the last time it can be visited before it is permanently closed. Admission will be free.
Some few select cars will be relocated to ***** Classic Garage in San Marcos. However, next Saturday, March 3rd all of the remaining cars will be auctioned.
They will also be auctioning off all of the associated memorabilia at the museum as well.

I want to get some pictures before it is gone for good.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wind laid down ... so I went. Glad I did. Met some Viper owners I've not met before, and met a fellow that will probably be acquiring one in the very new future, and upon doing so, plans on becoming a member of a very unique group of car (Viper) enthusiasts. A very worthwhile morning. And because it was a very "Brisk" morning, the coffee was awesome also.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed out! Spent the morning on a volcano, but thought about you guys the entire time! That road to teh top of the volcano would make an AWESOME event! Now how to ship all our cars over here....

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed out! Spent the morning on a volcano, but thought about you guys the entire time! That road to teh top of the volcano would make an AWESOME event! Now how to ship all our cars over here....

Volcano: Glad you didn't fall in.
Mode of Transportation: Any Air Force contacts? A C5 Galaxy should just about do it.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it but y'all know how it goes. Did you end up ever getting anything re: Dick's even though you made it to C&C?

Glad to hear you didn't fall in Kurt.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it but y'all know how it goes. Did you end up ever getting anything re: Dick's even though you made it to C&C?

Glad to hear you didn't fall in Kurt.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You missed a great show by a couple of newbie corvette owners. As Chris so eloquently eluded, they showed up together with brand spankin' new matching vettes, and apparently have never driven sticks before. Clutches were totally burned. Don't know if they made it home. We all left early.

RE: Rosanky Central Texas Museum of Automotive History (***** 2); Auction is this Saturday. I wish I had some freed up cash. They are auctioning the old style gas pumps off individually, instead of as lots.
I got plenty of really neat pictures, or should I say "Memories". Glad I and the wife went. Thinking about going back next Saturday to watch the auction. There are about 80 cars to be auctioned off.

Kurt and the Volcano - "The Movie" LOL: :firedev:

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt,

Unfortunately, being Army, I have no Air Force contacts. Wish I did. Might be fun.

Whatever became of Stonehenge? Did the photos turn out? That should have been a very cool photo-op too? Or did the Druids confiscate the film / flashcard?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang