Cold Weather Roads Be Careful

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Viper Nation....Remember with the temperatures dropping it will take longer to put
some heat into those tires. Hopefully we will not hear any of the dreaded cold tires breaking
loose stories...Keep those vipers in 1 piece.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not just a Pirelli concern, and in fact most High Performance Summer tires are in the same range. Folks go out on a nice Sunny day in the 40s, failing to remember it was in the 30s the night before, drive for a bit and then get into it only to find themselves going sideways .........tire temp, pavement temp, late Fall and Winter are times for caution with all performance machines with competitive performance rubber . Thanks to Frank for a valuable safety tip , we should repeat every year. I can say over the years there have been way, way fewer actual accidents than all the goofy rumor reports suggest, but the customers of mine who lost control almost all happening in the late Fall or early Spring, when visually it appeared warm and inviting, and the road/tires were not conducive to spirited driving.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate this thread. AS a newbie, this info is great!:2tu: I still have a lot to learn

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte