Colorado Viper owners: Cruise & Food on 9-Jan-2005

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get 2005 started off right! Anybody in Colorado up for a Cruise & Food on 9-Jan-2005? I was thinking we could meet somewhere in Denver. I live near the foothills, so I am not very familiar with Denver. Thus, I am up for any suggestions pertaining to where we should cruise/eat. Let's try to get a big turnout!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and I recall us only getting snow about five times (the snow was on the ground only for a few days each time) during the previous entire winter. It snows here less than people think.

Even during the winter season, it is usually mostly sunny, which can still make for a nice cruise. Of course, if it is snowing on the proposed date... no Viper cruise for me.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in. My car is due to go to Heffner at about that time but if the weather is good and my Viper is still here then I would roll with the Denver crew.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nomercy,

Sounds great. Now, who else is in? Let's good a big group, everyone!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some from the Colorado VCA may go to the 2nd creek free track day on 12/31/2004, weather permitting.

You may want to contact [email protected] to get the word out to the Colorado VCA about your cruise and eat event.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like we have got a few people going... who else is up for joining in?

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm up for it if the weather holds. Have the details been worked out like where to meet and when? Oh, and where are we planning to drive to?

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured we would meet somewhere in Denver. As I mentioned above, I live on the front range, so I am not very familiar with Denver. I welcome your suggestions for the drive and dinner details. Any thoughts?

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife and I would love to join in. Although it'll likely snow today, it's supposed to be in the 50s by Sunday. We should definitely do the driving during the daytime (for show). I've never done a cruise so am not familiar with what generally works best, but we were thinking that the Red Robin at Park Meadows is a good eating spot (we're coming up from the Springs, so it'd be nice to have it in south Denver). Maybe lunch and a cruise thereafter?

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watch for the gravel they will be putting down now that it's snowing. It'll sandblast your windshield and fascia even after the snow melts. Happened on my previous Viper.

If you haven't joined the Colorado VCA, consider it as we do plenty of cruises and high speed runs through the mountains in the summer and fall. Great roads up there :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Robin sounds great to me. For everyone's reference:

Red Robin
8355 Park Meadows Center Drive
Littleton, CO 80124
(303) 792-7373

How about we meet there for lunch at 1:00 PM? As I am not familiar with Denver, I welcome any input for the "cruise".

NOMERCY, BADVENM and CO GTS... Are you still in? Who else is coming? The bigger the group, the better!

S-JC... Is there "suitable" parking at the aforementioned Red Robin so we can safely park our Vipers?

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm game, and I'll get a few more guys to come as well. I live maybe 5-10 minutes from that Red Robin. Parking is not great there though, it is next to the mall so there should be some space somewhere. The problem with RR is in that particular location there are several other places to eat all competeing for the same parking.

There is another Red Robin just south of C-470 and east of Broadway. It has plenty of parking space ...

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOMERCY... Thanks for the parking input. I really do not want to run the risk of having to park my car close to another one (unless it is another Viper!). Thus, I vote for your Red Robin location. I am assuming it is this one:

Red Robin
63 West Centennial Blvd.
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
(303) 470-7480

Is everyone else fine with meeting there?

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a go right now but may have to work, RR at C-470 and east of Broadway is fine at 1:00PM. Gravel toss hell... roads should be clear as everyone else will be watching the Colts mount the Broncos.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get some more people to join in! Who else is in?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for the "cruise"?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my car is in the shop (getting mods) and likely won't be back until late January.

If you do one later in the year, however, I'm definitely in.

There's a Colorado VCA holiday party on the 22nd too, that I hope to be at.

Thanks for putting this together.

Kai

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good thinking of the C-470 and Broadway Red Robin. I'll be there at 1 PM.

I guess no one has any good ideas about the cruise--I've never done one, but it might be cool just to go up and down Broadway.

Ideas?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine just got delivered back to Woodhouse to fix the Unichip issue with a possible fix in the program. Dyno wont be til the 18th from what they tell me. I was also told their gonna be getting into the VEC2 software. They will be comparing Unichip and the VEC2 on the same car at nearly the same time (dynowise). I may go to the VEC2 if it outperforms the Unichip. I'd show up without the car to meet y'all but I'm working I think. I'll meet the rest of you eventually.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's settled... Red Robin (63 West Centennial Blvd; Highlands Ranch, CO 80126) at 1:00 PM on 9-Jan.

Who else is in?

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can everyone that is planning to attend please PM me your contact number (preferably for you cell phone, if you would not mind)? Letting me know what your "real" name (first name is fine) is would help, too (If I need to call one of you, I would feel awkward saying, "Hi, can I please speak to BADVENM?"). Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is everyone still in? The roads should be fine by this Sunday (9-Jan), as the roads are practically clear today (6-Jan).

NOMERCY... Do you still plan to get a few other people to join us? The more, the better!

Also, can someone please bring a digital camera (lately, mine has not been reading the memory card reliably). Thanks.

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely still in; look at those roads! The snow melted faster than I thought it would. Now if they would hurry and get the sweepers on the main streets.

I'll shoot myself if I forget the camera.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S-JC... Do I need to remind you to bring your camera?

Thanks to everyone who has sent me their name and phone number. Is there anybody else?

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mission Accomplished!! It was a real pleasure to meet those who showed and look forward to doing it again!! :cool:

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOMERCY... I agree! For everyone's reference, we had seven people show up, and we had a great time. We will be posting pictures later.

I enjoyed meeting everyone! Let's get together again soon!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from our outing:

7679IM000788-med.JPG

7679IM000796-med.JPG

7679IM000808-med.JPG

7679IM000814-med.JPG

7679IM000811-med.JPG

We had a lot of fun. Is anyone up for doing something similar next month (February)? Goldfish... Hopefully, you can join this time.

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where did you all drive to? With luck I will not have to work when you go out the next time and can join in!
David
2001 yellow GTS

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CO GTS... I do not live in Denver, so I was not familiar with where all we drove. I was basically "following the leader". I recall us driving on Broadway, C-470, and a few city streets. Yes, I realize those details are pretty much meaningless. Anyway, I hope you can make it next time. Do you know what weekends you work during February?