Columbus Ohio VCA?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just relocated to Columbus Ohio. So what do you guys here in Columbus do for fun? Anyone into road course lapping? Drag racing? Hanging out and drinking beers on Saturday?

We had quite a fun group of Viper owners in Jacksonville!

Thankyou in advance,
Lance

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance,

Welcome to Columbus. From Jacksonville, FL eh? Sorry about your move. You just went from 300 sunny days a year to 8. Like drinking beer you ask? Actually, I'm drinking one right now, so, yes. I bought my Viper a few months ago so only know a few "Viper Guys" in the area thus far. Just joined the VCA so will try and make a few events this summer. What part of the city are you in? I'm North in Southern Delaware county, Powell.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to Ohio the armpit of the country for weather. you will now learn to enjoy 300+ days of cludiness and dismal conditions :laugh:

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh yes and don't forget the constant drone of rock throwing, road hogging semi trucks to go with those 8 good days!

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The secretary of Ohio VCA, Sam Goldfarb is in Columbus,
[email protected]. Terry Bosserman is the President, [email protected].

There will be a couple of VCA events up there this summer, including the V10 Nationals in August. MOJO will be there I am sure.

Welcome to Ohio, hey, its not that bad, southeast Ohio has some pretty places to drive.

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance,

Welcome to Columbus. From Jacksonville, FL eh? Sorry about your move. You just went from 300 sunny days a year to 8. Like drinking beer you ask? Actually, I'm drinking one right now, so, yes. I bought my Viper a few months ago so only know a few "Viper Guys" in the area thus far. Just joined the VCA so will try and make a few events this summer. What part of the city are you in? I'm North in Southern Delaware county, Powell.

Bob,
We bought a house in Dublin, out at the northwestern edge... not far from 33. Relocated here with Nationwide Insurance. I was a VCA member in Florida, but the lack of real events in my area convinced me to non-renew.
Being in a new area, if the club has some activities, I'll rejoin. Anything coming up in the near future? When is the August drag racing event? Anyone up for meeting for some wings lunchtime on Saturday or Sunday?
And I was a Jacksonville Florida native, so far we have liked the weather since or arrival June 1st.

Lance

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next event I'm aware of is July 17th. It's at Quaker Steak and Lube in the Polaris area. QSL is a car and bike place/restaurant/bar. They have events every week during the summer. The 17th is a Viper cruise in with a special section of the parking lot for Viper's only. They told me that last year they had about 20 Vipers there.

You're right, weather has been ok since early June. Just wait until it starts getting cold in October and by March... it's STILL cold. Wait until you go for over a month without ever seeing the sun. It will happen, it's called Ohio. On the bright side, we have plenty of water. So water that lawn, wash the car, hose off the driveway, spray any thing you want. Because, in just a few days, more will fall from the sky. Again and again. It's like magic. Sorry to be so negative. We had a very rainy summer last year and this year has thus far been the same way. We do get droughts here too, even though I can barely remember the last one.

BTW, you have a PM.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance: Welcome to Ohio, and possibly the Ohio Region of the VCA. Dublin is a great place to live. I live in the Akron/Canton area about 2 hours Norteast of you. There doesn't seem to be any organized activities close to me, but there are things to do in the state if you are willing to do some traveling. I will send you our last newsletter if you can't get one from Sam. HOPE YOU HAVE FUN HERE !

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least they have the mad gunmen in captivity or otherwise I would say stay off the bypasses around Columbus!! Unless getting shot at is your cup of tea.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
V10 Nationals along with the Neo Classics at National Trail the weekend of August 6-7. Alot of you friends from Floriday,(Ward, Larry Macedo) and others will be there. There will be an autocross as well as the drags. E-mail Sam for a newsletter, the schedule of events is in it.

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is definately not the Chamber of Commerce site advertising Ohio as a great place to live. I think it is a great place..........to be FROM! To many semis!

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Ohio, then again we just moved here in November. We love it here in Milan, about 6 miles from Norwalk. We like this area much better than where we previously lived, Canton, Michigan. Enjoy the mild weather, we have come to like it esp after living in Mississippi for 11 years.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, Columbus, OH isn't a bad place to live. Today, the weather is beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, low humidity, mid 70's. This weather however, is rare. Columbus has a reasonable cost of living, a ton of restaurants, NO emissions testing (currently), The Ohio Sate Buckeyes (love that college football), very little heavy industry (ie. lower pollution)and... they caught the snipper. What an ordeal that was. Anyway, there are worse places to live.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see you all moved. You picked a great part of Columbus to live.

We have a few guys around here in Cincinnati that get together but it'***** or miss.

Maybe if we ever get off our duff and plan something you can come on down or if you guys plan a big event we can do a road trip.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys make it sound so inviting. Now I'm really looking forward to coming for the V-10 Nats.(not)

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome Lance,
Terry Bosserman (419-396-6256) is president of the Ohio VCA and Sam Goldfarb (614-836-7934) is secretary. Sam is located in the Columbus area and can fill you in on everything that is going on. As was previously mentioned, I believe that the meeting at Quaker Steak and Lube (7/17/04) is the next event. Hope to see you there.
Jim :usa:

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been out of town a few days... I'll plan to be at QSL on 7/17. I have spent a fair amount of time in Columbus over the last 25 years, and I do know where QSL is located.

I did receive an e-mail from Sam... I am going to renew my membership.

Thankyou for the "welcome"!

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman,
I will have the RV at the track, sorry I don't get on the forums a lot! If you need me email me at: [email protected] or call 614-836-7934. We are planning another fun time for the V10 Nationals and then the following week we have the Mopar Nationals at the same track.
Regards!
Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry.....I hope I will be towing to the race. I have an autocross/drag challenge this coming weekend so if I don't tear everything up, I should be there with the car. You did an excellent job piloting......if only Cudaman hadn't been squeeling like a baby from the back when he figured out you had the controls :laugh:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry.....I hope I will be towing to the race. I have an autocross/drag challenge this coming weekend so if I don't tear everything up, I should be there with the car. You did an excellent job piloting......if only Cudaman hadn't been squeeling like a baby from the back when he figured out you had the controls :laugh:

I was not squeeling ....I was yelling ....Tony were is my parachute?

Cudaman :usa:

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like Norwalk we have an airstrip adjacent to the race track. Anyone not running but interested in attending can fly in an walk to the event.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to pilot your plane again, I'd rather be racing against ya in Ohio. Don't break that thing and I'll C U in Ohio next month.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like Norwalk we have an airstrip adjacent to the race track. Anyone not running but interested in attending can fly in an walk to the event.

Norwalk was where we were playing. Larry flew us out to the great lakes over the amusement park. That's a great airport/drag strip combo......I could have taxied to the staging lanes. We road the 4 wheeler to the airplane.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960