Compression ratio, with Striker heads?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what the compression ratio is, for a Gen2 motor with the Striker heads? (Stock gaskets) I called JM Cylinder heads, but he's either not in, or busy.

I'm down here at DC Performance, getting the car tuned on the dyno soon. Would be helpful to have this information.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey, Plum..

nope, nothing else done. Just stock gaskets, stock pistons.....

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

Jeff Mory called me back, and said his Strikers are set up to yield 10.25 to 1 compression ratio.

They are good for boosting as is, but if you're going natural, you can also have them shaved down, to around 11 to 1. Wish I had known that, going in to this project. But thats ok, there is always room for improvement.

Dan Cragin's got a new dyno set up, well, at least its new to me. Maybe I'm behind the times.. Anyway, they jack up your car with a floor jack, take your rear wheels off, then bolt these extended spindles onto your rear axles, then slide these load devices (maybe 3' square each) onto each rear axle extension, then take it off the floor jack. The loading devices have cables to the dyno's computer. So your car sits there, suspended by the extended rear axles on these square, boxy devices on either side of the car, with no load rollers, and no tie-down straps. First time I've seen this, but then again, I dont get into town much these days..

Mine dyno'd at 535 RWHP, 500 RWTQ

The "torque curve" would best be described as a shelf. Wide and comparitively flat. Starts with 400 rwtq at 1500 rpm, gradually creeps up to 500 around 4200, doesnt fall off to 400 again until around 6200 rpm, iirc. Looks like a shelf. You could put some books on it.

Car has Corsa cat-back, Striker heads, Jesel rockers, Striker cam. No other power mods. Has a lightweight flywheel, but I dont think that matters much. Just revs up quicker, but thats not a power adder.

At lower rpm, the car feels just like it did when stock, just with a more bumpy idle, and its a bit hard to gently ease into the gas pedal, cuz it hops up well over 1000 rpm with the slightest touch on the gas. Not as creamy as before in this regard, kinda lurches around when in first gear, but it kinda did that before, 'speshully considering that lightweight flywheel. But then when you let it wind up through the RPM band, you really can feel that something wonderful happened with the addition of the Striker components. It pulls way harder at higher RPMs than it ever did before. (I know, "well, duh", of course a lumpy cam and high flow heads will yield this result) I'm just saying it this way to relate my personal observations, sans hyperbole. No loss of low end torque, and a whole lot more pull on the top end. Totally worth-while mod. Plus, no water/**** injection to fuss with, no crank snout keying, all natural, just the way we like 'em! :D

Next week, I'm going back for more tweaking, to make it 100% smog legal in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. I'll scan the charts on Monday, and post 'em.

Last edited:

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know what the compression ratio is, for a Gen2 motor with the Striker heads? (Stock gaskets) I called JM Cylinder heads, but he's either not in, or busy.

I'm down here at DC Performance, getting the car tuned on the dyno soon. Would be helpful to have this information.

I shaved my striker heads another .060" and used the thinner "SRT" gaskets that are thinner. My gen 2 made 612 rwhp and 619 rwtq. stock bottom end.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I shaved my striker heads another .060" and used the thinner "SRT" gaskets that are thinner. My gen 2 made 612 rwhp and 619 rwtq. stock bottom end.

Great! Now you tell me! :rolleyes: (;))

Thats a fantastic result! Must be fun to drive

What else you got done to it? Headers? High flow cats, or no cats? Vec or AEM controller? Anything else?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte