Computer Re-Learn

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last weekend I removed the battery for 2 days, recharged, cleaned and repainted the tray and reinstalled. I have read many times that it takes a few miles for the computer to relearn. What is it relearning? and should I drive it a certain way during this period? Thanks

Mike

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Relearn will happen quicker if you turn on the A/C</FONT f>

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt;&gt;&gt;Keep theA/C on and drive for 10-15 mins....&lt;&lt;&lt;

Just wondering - how is this?????????

OP
OP
M

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll turn the A/C on, but what actually has to be relearned?

Mike

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What it relearns is the idle RPMS, your driving conditions, air/fuel mix, when to turn the "choke" off (keeps RPMs higher at startup). The A/C forces it to learn faster. Jon B has more info on this. It will make the car run smooth again. Good luck...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt;&gt;&gt;What it relearns is the idle RPMS, your driving conditions, air/fuel mix, when to turn the "choke" off (keeps RPMs higher at startup). The A/C forces it to learn faster. Jon B has more info on this. It will make the car run smooth again. Good luck...&lt;&lt;&lt;

JonB: How does it work? Please.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason:
&gt;&gt;&gt;The reason for the A/C changing the relearn is that the AC puts a draw on the engine and the computer starts readapting to that new load.
&lt;&lt;&lt;

Everytime I switch A/C on, the computer does a re-learning?
Sounds strange. Or, only after disconnecting the battery?
Any input.