Convertible Top -- Cleaning and Care

PIT VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for the cleaning and care of the SRT's convertible top? I have applied scotchguard to other convertibles that I own to protect from staining, spots, etc. and probably will do the same to my SRT's top, but would like others' suggestions before I do.

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I do to it is I will wash the top with mild soap. I noticed that Zaino or Zymol car wash seems to do OK without harming it so far. I use a soft brissle brush with light storkes to clean the dirt if it's been through particularly dusty conditions. I rinse with a light shower setting on the hose to get the soap off then let it dry completely before folding the top down. If lint seems to be a problem, one of the roller brushes for clothes with the sticky surface on the roller seems to work nicely if the vacuum is not doing the job. I haven't tried scotchguard as yet, but I believe on a previous post someone said not to use it. There is a top sealant that Porsche recommends that is supposed to be better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte