Cooler weather driving tip for new owners

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fall is upon us. The cooler air will make your engine feel stronger than ever and that's just too much temptation for any of us saints to resist. But remember your tires will will not have the same traction as they did when roads were warmer, they are going to let loose where before they held. Not just on corners but straights, bumps and any patches of roadway still in the shadows after the sun has warmed the rest of the roadway. I would hate to hear about anyone bending their Snake on a familiar stretch of road due to this predictable annual recalibration of temperature and traction. Yet it happens every year. So play safely.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judicious application of all inputs is indeed prudent, especially so in cold weather . I would add, however, that cold weather is no reason to put the snake in hibernation. The car absolutely loves the cooler air and feels even more like the true thoroughbred that it is. Even during the harshest winter months in the NE (Jan through mid-Mar), there are still a handful of mild days that allow for enthusiastic driving. Life is too short to drink cheap wine ..... take it while you can!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't take too long for me to put some heat into the tires!
laugh.gif

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should invent a "heated" race track for winter time fun. That would be cool .... no pun intended.

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason for hibernation around here is during the latter winter months when the PennDOT boys apply their brilliant idea of spreading crushed shale on the roads to combat the ice. This serves to leave the streets as slippery as an ice rink and helps keep the local glass shops and body shops in business. Best wait until all the shale has been cleaned up 'round here.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motomike:
The only reason for hibernation around here is during the latter winter months when the PennDOT boys apply their brilliant idea of spreading crushed shale on the roads to combat the ice. This serves to leave the streets as slippery as an ice rink and helps keep the local glass shops and body shops in business. Best wait until all the shale has been cleaned up 'round here.

I could not agree with you more!! 1 inch of snow = 1.5 inches of salt and cinders.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert1994:
A good set of snow chains is a MUST in winter !!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You must be registered for see images