cooling side sills

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lose the cats...... problem solved. You live in PA so you will need to consider emission inspection implications. I would swap the cats for mufflers and vice-versa.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering the same.

How does it sound without the cats?
Does it increase the HP any?
Cause any other problems?

Mine is registered as a collector car so I don't have to have any emissions tests.

Reaction score
Had yellowing on a GT2 and 99 silver ACR. The GT2 sills were repainted white on the outside and VHT1500 on the inside. All hardware was put back in its proper place. Result no more yellowing. I think this will fix most cars. The ACR was taken a couple steps further. In addition to the above, high flow cats replaced the stock units and the front panel was cut open and covered with SS mesh. The panel that was cut is the area in front of the sill. This lets air into the side sill tunnel cooling the exhaust when the car is moving. Result no yellowing.
I think most cars will stop yellowing with the proper location of hardware and painted HVT1500 on the inside of the sill. Replacing the stock cats with high flow cats lowers the sill temp., which will help prevent yellowing.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too would like to elp cool this area. I know that Parts Rack now sells a vent/louvre setup that would help. Check the new products area.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Removing backpressure in the exhaust is the key.

Hi-flow exhaust
Hi-flow cats.
Catless is problematic, but coolest.

PartsRack indeed has an aluminum vent kit for $69

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB:
My 99 GTS has yellowing side sills too. Since I live in Germany I would have to pay not only the hardware but add. VAT and import tax (25% plus)
dead.gif
. Please give me a hint, how much high flow cats, high flow exhaust etc. do cost?
I really think about going to US for vacation
bounce.gif
and bringing back to Germany the hardware (for tax reasons).
Thanks.

P.S.: I think/hope tax people do NOT read this forum!
tongue.gif

mrviper99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
Removing backpressure in the exhaust is the key.

Hi-flow exhaust
Hi-flow cats.
Catless is problematic, but coolest.

PartsRack indeed has an aluminum vent kit for $69

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>JonB, I'm having the same problem with my 96 GTS. I have the Hennessey headers and 3" exhaust with Hi flow cats. Header temp is 730 and the cats are about 720 the resonator has hot and cool areas running from 280 to 480. Does anyone run with out the resonator and with out mufflers? Or can I just take out the resonator and put on adjustable mufflers, to keep the noise down? Thanks Jeff

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad:
Thank you!
What do you mean with APO or FPO?
Markus

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member