Correct Tire Pressure???

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I got different answers from different sources, so I am asking the experts.

On a 2000 Viper RT/10, with the stock factory wheels and stock factory Pilot Sport tires: What is the correct Tire Pressure??

Thanks,
UZY

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 front & 29 rear is what Dodge recommends but, the car will handle better running 34 front 30 rear

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run 29 front 31 rear - seems to even out the wear a little better.

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for tire pressures on the track and road course at VOI 9? This would be for stock SRT-10 wheels and tires. Thanks.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running 34# cold on 50-60 degree mornings at Viper Days events which results in 40# as soon as I finish a half-hour lapping session. Stock wheels and run-flats.

mcmike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ran my Viper SRT-10 at Willow Springs International Speed Way (California)... Air temperature was about 90 degrees. I was running STOCK Michelin Sport tires (Run Flats) 18" front 19" rear. My starting tire temperature was 33# after running 3 warm up laps and 3 race laps... I checked the temperature and it was at 40#. After taking my car to the TIRE GARAGE... He verified the tire temperature was PERFECT! He took off each tire and verified that the ware was even on all tires. This should help you for Viper Days... Temperature should be 90+

Mike :usa:

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my problem is my manual and car say 36 PSI, but I know that is wrong because the original VIPER tires aren't made anymore and the pilot sports are significantly different. I have heard 29 and 30 psi, but I saw this post and figured I'd get another opinion. I generally run 30 PSI at all four corners, there was a huge improvement in handling when I stopped using 36 like the manual said.