Corrected RWHP?

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a formula to figure out what your "true" rwhp at higher altitudes? When I bought my GTS, it had 428 HP at sea~level ( according to the sheet I was provided)...How much did I loose at 4500 feet above? I am adding mods and I would like to see if I am heading in the right direction......Thanks

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally when you dyno they give you a sheet that shows actual (uncorrected) and SAE corrected. If you didn't get both I don't think there is any way to tell. Most people that want to check the improvement with mods will go by the corrected HP.

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jorgen,

4500 feet of altitude results in a loss of 16% horsepower from sea level. This would give you 360 actual hp at altitude if the original 428 hp was measured at sea level. This does not take into account any variances in humidity and temperature between dyno runs.

The best way to avoid this on dyno runs is always request to have the data provided in SAE Corrected numbers. This takes into account all these parameters and sets them to a standard. Then you can compare numbers even up to see the effect of mods, etc regardless of where and when you do the dyno run.

Best regards,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187