Corsa or Borla?

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there,
I just took delivery of my new 01 Sapphire Blue/Silver GTS about a month ago
biggrin.gif
I've installed smooth tubes and K&Ns, but have yet to install an exhaust system. I've heard the Borla on a 2000 RT/10 with hi-flo cats, and I really liked it. But I was wondering whether the Corsa is better in terms of sound/quality/performance. I'd appreciate some insight from you guys
smile.gif
Thanks ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hiper...sounds like ya got the BLUES !

For just a little more money, the CORSA and Belanger is earning great reviews from our customers. They sound different....and your future mods and sound goals should be examined. The LOOK of the Corsa says "quality" as well. Awesome tips!

For the $$ the Borla is a good value......and LOUD! Borla owners love them....as do Belanger and Corsa owners love their systems. Learn the differences in a short call, and pick the right system for you.

{I do have 2 well-known tuners who have asked me NOT to send them any more Borla installs due to install difficulty and inconsistent fit quality, and higher install time-cost. Their words, not mine.}

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info JonB
smile.gif

I was leaning more towards the Corsa, but I was afraid that it would be too loud, and I really don't want that since my Viper is a daily driver. I'll be contacting you on Monday hopefully to get more info on the Corsa. Thanks again
smile.gif

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
neither...go Roe Racing high flow cats with Belanger cat back exhaust...much beter than Borla in POWER and sound.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I was leaning more towards the Corsa, but I was afraid that it would be too loud,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want quiet Corsa is by far the quietest, I know I've had the others. Also expect zero to 5 HP gain, 18 rwhp very funny
laugh.gif

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
{I do have 2 well-known tuners who have asked me NOT to send them any more Borla installs due to install difficulty and inconsistent fit quality, and higher install time-cost. Their words, not mine.}
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this post http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000164.html#2

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am one of those guys who doesn't fancy real loud exhausts. I don't see the facination with an exhaust note that rattles windows and makes people cringe from blocks away. If you are like me, the 2.5 inch Corsa system is a great upgrade.

I have had the 2.5 inch Corsa and the 3 inch Corsa. The 2.5 probably is the quietest, with a very nice tenor pitched wail at full throttle, a smoother sounding idle, and no drone.

The 3 inch system is a bit louder and lower pitched. At first, I thought it might be a touch too loud, but now that I have driven it for awhile, it's fine. I have not dynoed the car, but it really does feel faster with the 3 inch. I could not tell any difference with the two inch.

I did the install myself and it fit very well.

Jim

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess only you can decide what you want your car to sound like.
On my pick up which I run 160 miles a day, I want quiet. On my Cadillac ETC, I want quiet and luxury. On the Viper---I want it to sound about as mean as it can get. -----Belanger Headers, no cats, 4 race bullet Walkers. At highway speeds in high gear, it's not a lot different from stock. Our Viper is run about 1400 miles/month. It is totally an individual decision. Good luck in finding what work's for you.

Steve

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hiper,
I told you to go with the Corsa, you heard the Borla on my car and said its tooo loud
tongue.gif
Well get the Corsa, cause you hate loud sounds lol
tongue.gif
Anyway good luck anyway you go.
PS. Did u scan the pics or not yet? And by the way nice name "HIPER" lets see where could you of gotten that hmmmmmm? LOL