Corsa Track/RT High Flow Cats - questions/help......

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to have a local Viper tech install a Corsa Track system/Random Tech cats when he could get to it, but he has been very busy. I decided to go ahead and tackle most of it myself.

I have removed the side sills, and removed all of the stock exhaust up to the stock cats.

I plan on driving it to someone who can cut off the stock cats/weld on the new cats, and then driving back home to install the Corsa's/side sill myself.

-How hard will it be for someone to cut off the stock cats, and weld in/install the new Random Techs? Any suggestions or information on getting this step completed?

-Do the Random Technology cats increase the sound by a noticable amount over stock cats?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the same setup that you have and the R/T cats attached to the factory headers (I assuming you have the factory headers) with a “V” type compression clamp. All I had to do was open this clamp to remove the factory cats and reverse the process for installing the R/T. No welding was required…

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the same setup that you have and the R/T cats attached to the factory headers (I assuming you have the factory headers) with a “V” type compression clamp. All I had to do was open this clamp to remove the factory cats and reverse the process for installing the R/T. No welding was required…

Thanks Abe for the response......Yes, I still have the stock headers. I will have to take a closer look. If that is the case, that will work out great.
I bought these from JonB, and he said the OE CATS are welded on, and get cut off at that weld. The replacement cats should be welded at the inlet as well?

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm that there is a compression clamp that will allow me to remove the OE Cats, as well as install the new high flow cats without any welding/cutting?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know much about exhaust systems but I would include the year of your car for a better answer. :)

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed Roe Racing H/F cats with stock mufflers on my '08 and it's all bolt-in in place of the stock cats mid-pipes. Takes time to do the final adjustments of the exhaust tips alignement in the exit hole but it now has a much more aggressive note at idle and when accelerating, while still quiet when cruising and absolutly no drone.
The part you received should be approx 3 ft long with a 90* bend in the middle. I hope you did not get just the cat body by itself wich is about 10" long, then you would have to cut and weld the stock part.

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Claude.....You and Abe helped me out tonight. I just came in after taking off the stock cats, and have the new RT cats mounted, but still a little loose in case I need to make some adjustments.

I should finish the install of the Corsa's/alignment tomorrow & Friday...........I just hope I dont have any exhaust leaks anywhere.

Thanks again guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi