Corsa's New Exhaust - LIVE!

Reaction score
Re: Corsa\'s New Exhaust - LIVE!

Thanks for posting that, Joseph! I just received the link from Corsa and was about to post it to the Board. Sounds great, don't you all think?
Remember, we'll be doing a before/after dyno test of the Corsa 3" system next week, so I'll let you all know of our findings. We'll also send a note out to the Board, so you local owners can come by and hear it.
Stay tuned!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds great, but...

Several months ago there was a thread going on this board about the corsa exhaust, and every person that had done a dyno pull with the exhaust gained no hp or torque. I hope this is a new system which does more than just sound better but actualy gain hp.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

now that is awesome!!
every company that sells an exhaust system should post there product like that so the customer could truly compare!!!
I have the sub assembly snake oly and would love to have it taped
and be able to compare... it is hard to tell from the driverseat how it sounds to the guy on the curb...

no complaints so far so I guess it is okay but I am just guessing??????

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Pretty Wild !!! Played it for a customer who doesn't have a computer and just cranked up the speakers and he listened over the phone line. Thanks Corsa, we made the sale with this sound clip. It was really funny , as I probably cranked it up too loud , and had 4 salesman come in to see what I was doing. One of our Bus. Mgr's came and shut my door, because he said his customer's couldn't hear him talk. I have been a bad boy and will now have to go sit in the corner ---- great job, Corsa.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just got my new 3 inch Corsa system installed 3 days ago, just in time to drive to Monterey which was a 220+ mile trip each way. It sounds really good ("Bad *** ", as one young guy yelled as I drove by CSUMB). The sound clips on the Corsa web site are pretty accurate. The volume is quite a bit louder than stock at higher RPM's, but actually more quiet at lower RPM's. Most of the resonance is gone when running in the 2000-3000 RPM range. Oh, its also clear there is a gain in horsepower/low end torque. When cruising on the freeway at ~1600 RPM in 6th gear it is possible to get decent acceleration without having to downshift. No doubt the same gains are available at higher RPM's but less able to be sensed by "seat of the pants". Finally the installation was very simple. Everything fits tight but well.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

RUSS M:

Even Corsa would agree with you the the "old" system was not designed for performance advantage...just to sound good ... but,

This is their new 3" product ... documented DYNO gain of 18HP and gobs of torque ..

Just check out the website or call 'em for details.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
Sounds great, but...Several months ago there was a thread going on this board about the corsa exhaust, and every person that had done a dyno pull with the exhaust gained no hp or torque
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Russ......... That was the older 2.5" version. Hundreds were sold to owners who were NOT in a HP quest, but a "Sound Quest" ti make their Viper drone-free and resonance free, and stil sound like an exotic car. Many many happy owners with that goal satisfied.

Now, the 3" system offers 18Hp or sp, and a more musclecar sound, and GREAT looking tips........

[ PartsRack still honors our "inaugural special" price....and we aso have the 2.5" systems, 'pre-owned' for less than 1 year, for $849]

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be replacing my Corsa 2.5 inch system with the new 3 inch system as soon as it arrives. The resonance is completely gone with the 2.5 inch system. I hope I can have it all, and get added horsepower without any resonance.

Jim

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just so everyone knows, the sound bite on the web site comes from a 96 GTS (perhaps with filters), no other mods.

Incredible.

Steve

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Will the "engine idle" sound that way on a 2000 just by changing the exhaust? That sounds as mean as my old 97 with heavy mods under the hood.

Steve

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And the answer is??? I think Johnny's question got posted too early in the morning, BUMP for visibility

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I installed the new 3" last week. I think the new tips are also nicer. Great sound, great hp numbers, and off the scale quality. We are proud to offer all SoCal Viper club members FREE installation with the purchase of the new 3" system. dj

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, the 3" will fit a stock exhaust it has a neck down from 3" to 2 1/2. I believe the claimed 18 HP gain was on a stock 2000 which would mean it still would have the stock cats, etc. I'm very happy with the sound, its as quiet as stock when cruising with no drone and loud under acceleration and idle sounds very cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21