Corvette is the Official Vehicule at VOI event ?!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how the VOI was setup along with the Belle Isle Race but it seems that the VCA and Chrysler are nowhere on the official guest or sponsort list ....

In addition we can read this on the front page of the Detroit GP.
This is a BIG SLAP !

This is the link to read this article Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix - Partnership

Corvette seems to be sponsor #2 at this event.

2008 Official Vehicle
You must be registered for see images

Corvette
The iconic American sports car is the Official Vehicle of the 2008 Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix. A special Corvette Car Corral featuring hundreds of Corvettes will be on display on the island throughout the weekend. A customized 2008 Corvette Z06 E-85 concept that runs on E-85 ethanol fuel will also pace Saturday’s American Le Mans Series race – the Detroit Sports Car Challenge – and it will lead the parade laps prior to the start of Sunday’s Detroit Indy Grand Prix.

If you remember some executives from Chrysler were joking about Corvettes at each VOI. Now they got what they were looking for ....

IS THIS A JOKE ?

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is anyone surprised? GM is spending their marketing budget...Chrysler is not.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is anyone surprised? GM is spending their marketing budget...Chrysler is not.

yea theyre not. theyre getting it for free, actually WE'RE paying them $900!

100's of vipers to couple of vettes there will make a statement at the races, you will be theyre advertising. there gonna be loads of press and TV there. Free advertising for dodge!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're just one of the side shows at the GP. We're not exactly anything official. VOI is just tagging along with the GP.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone driven out to and around Belle Isle lately? What a fricken embarrassment! Ther are so many ***-holes along the route, they are just asking for accidents to happen. I would say they are as bad as the roads in the detroit metro area, but ....................:mad::mad::mad:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well they've got two weeks to patch it up. That's Detroit for ya.
Thats Detroit for ya??? Thats an understatement.:omg: I live in South Carolina now but was raised in Michigan. The whole state is plagued with bad roads with a few exceptions of course IMO. Especially in the Flint area. Drove the Viper up there this summer and had to have dental work when I got home!:D I am sure it has alot to do with HOT, COLD, SALT, UNIONS!!!! :rolaugh:etc...Just kidding! I hold a Union card in my wallet.

D

DAMN YANKEE

If you guys would just hold off complaining about the raods until after the event I would appreciate it. Im working on a larger issue...

You must be registered for see images

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how GM can continue to do this kind of thing like being a sponsor, especiallly when they lost 15 Billion (that's Billion with a "B" ) last quarter alone! Let them spend themselves to an early end. Then they will be just like the Vette in the puddle in the above picture, sinking fast!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry about Chevrolet.

When the VCA Vipers take to the track, all eyes will be on them, not the Chevys.

If you ever get the urge to do something fun, Drive your Viper into a Chevy dealership, and watch everyone, including Sales people and management file out to get a look at your Viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry about Chevrolet.

When the VCA Vipers take to the track, all eyes will be on them, not the Chevys.

If you ever get the urge to do something fun, Drive your Viper into a Chevy dealership, and watch everyone, including Sales people and management file out to get a look at your Viper.

haha... my local chevy dealership had the corvette club over as a sales promotion... lots of people in attendance. Unknowingly, I drove my Viper out that day and stopped at a red light in front of the dealership... you would've thought I made 30 vettes disappear! The crowd couldn't stop staring and pointing. I've never seen 30 men scowl at the same time! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is, one more redesign for both and they will look the same. Now the Vette has the door cut-outs similar to a Viper and Viper type headlights while the Viper has toned down its door and made it straighter like the Vette. If the next Vette and/or Viper change converges the rear of the car, you won't be able to tell them apart (from an appearance standpoint of course). Its as if the Vette designers want to make a Viper while the Viper designers want to make a Vette... If you don't agree, compare a 1992 Viper with a 1992 Vette, and then compare a 2008 Viper with a 2008 Vette. :omg::(:(

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got rid of an 08 Vette, nice car, but I kept yearning for another Viper. Having had both, there is just no comparison. It really does not matter to me what kind of spot light a Vette gets, they don't have the mystique the Viper has. Vettes are everywhere, a dime a dozen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960