Corvette Z06 guys say a stock Viper would not beat a MOD Z06

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll bite. It looks like a 450whp vette got walked, not just beaten, by a stock SRT which was also carrying a passenger. I would not be expecting this result either. Even if the SRT was a special car that actually put 450hp to the rears itself, the torque advantage would be nullified by the extra weight. Should have been dead even at best. If he was "running away" from the vette as stated, then it had nowhere near 450whp. Unless vette hp are smaller than Viper hp :D

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dig both cars! There hasn't been a decent Vette since the Z06 and anything prior would be the ZR-1 and then you gotta go all the way back to 83 in my book! The 78-82 body style is eternally classic.

Jay K.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel certain that this post was placed just to get a rise out of this forum but...I'll bite. Corvette people don't like to give up easily so often the speculation is a bit stretched. Corvettes aren't the only real american sportscar any longer and being 2nd across the traps is hard for some to swallow. A C5 Z06 might pull it off but, the it would be modified to the extreme. Perhaps they are thinking of a Lingerfelter(sp?) twin turbo which is a beast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte