Coupe or Convertible? decisions, decisions...

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm selling my 00GTS Coupe in hopes of possibly upgrading to a gen 3. But right now I'm stuck between getting a coupe or a convertible. I've never owned a convertible, thus my reason for possible getting one, but damn, the new 06 coupe is just sweet lookin'.

Bat™

VenomViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No brainer...drop top...adds to the experience in so many ways. That one perfect day with the top down...you will never regret it..

AND the SRT actually is a true convertible...and you dont have to leave the top at home and worry all the time like I did in my GEN II...

What you loose in styling you will make up for 10 fold in fun factor.

VenomViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well if you're gonna get the coupe get the Bumblebee...best color combo in my opinion...and really only works on the coupe...don't like stripes on the vert.

Depends if you're willing to sacrafice something on looks for added fun factor....that's a decision only you can make...if you have never had a convertible and we all know life is short...it has to be experienced.

I don't see the point of this post really....everyone with a vert is going to say drop top...and everyone with a coupe will say coupe...no matter where you live there will always be days you can drop the top.

Make a decision and don't look back. I would hate to think a stranger online could pursuade you one way or the other....

(vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert coupe is a playmate wearing a winter coat vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert )

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was never a convertible type guy when I bought my car but the coupes were not out yet. Now that I've experienced a vert, I would never go back. The first time I drove it with the top down, it took me all day to get the $hit eatin' grin off my face.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vert. You can always get a hard top that looks good for the vert if need be. Check out the hard top on the Red Convert at the Md/Va Crab Deck gathering recently held. Nice....very nice. You get the best of both worlds. You can't do that with the coupe. If you lived in a different area, then maybe the coupe would be more practical. San Diego requires the vert.

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I perosnally like the coupe because it looks better (my opinion) and I track.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Coupe. Just to offer a different perspective. Personally, I hate open air driving(yes...I've driven a RT-10 and other verts). To me it is very distracting when driving at high speeds. Predominate weather conditions probably influence me too as here in Dallas(102 today) it's just too d a m n hot most of the time. Additionally, I don't like all the open air noise(wind and traffic), exposure to bird $hit and road debris and lack of roll over protection(even have an Autoform rollbar in my GTS). I also prefer the looks and stronger chassis of a Coupe. However, as others have stated it's what you like and prefer. Both Vipers are great! Good luck with your decision and post some pics of the new Snake.

Viper4rich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coupe:

You have to drive the coupe to find out the real difference. Dodge also learned a lot from the Comp. Coupe.

Love the Lines also.

COUPE COUPE COUPE

Snk Btn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well if you're gonna get the coupe get the Bumblebee...best color combo in my opinion...and really only works on the coupe...don't like stripes on the vert.

Depends if you're willing to sacrafice something on looks for added fun factor....that's a decision only you can make...if you have never had a convertible and we all know life is short...it has to be experienced.

I don't see the point of this post really....everyone with a vert is going to say drop top...and everyone with a coupe will say coupe...no matter where you live there will always be days you can drop the top.

Make a decision and don't look back. I would hate to think a stranger online could pursuade you one way or the other....

(vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert coupe is a playmate wearing a winter coat vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert vert )

Go with the BumbleBee coupe! <font color="blue"> </font>

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just wanting to hear youre opinions. I might see some posts that make more sense to me than others. As far as stripes go, did any verts come with stripes? If not, does anyone here have stripes on their vert?

Bat™

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat™
Let me know if you want to drive a vert. My 03 is in Rancho Bernardo, or we could meet at my business in Mira Mesa. Will give you a better idea of which way to go.

After driving the convertible for a while the Coupe feels a little closed in. Keep the top down most of the time.

I loved my Coupe, but for San Diego the Vert is my choice.