CPE Twin Turbo Cast Piston RT10 Update

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CPE Twin Turbo cast car now has 8,200 miles on it since November. We performed a leak-down and compression test on it over the weekend. The numbers are basically the same now as they were at 5,000 miles. The car is driven daily with several monster pulls each week. The kit is pushing 10 ½ psi on the top. The car is still stock with the exception of the clutch and custom spark plug wires that CPE made for me several weeks back. The car is such a blast to drive. Every owner should have the opportunity to drive or ride in a TT, you just can't imagine the difference. Thanks again CPE, after 8K I couldn’t have asked for a more reliable car, I can’t stay out of it!

OP
OP
J

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please keep us updated at the next milestone (10k)

The car now has 11,500 miles on it since the install. The last leak-down and compression tests were done just over 11K with minimal change. I haven't done anything to the car other than oil changes for the last several thousand miles. I drive it daily with a few long pulls each week. She is still hitting around 10.5 psi on the top with the AF's hitting 10.9 deep into the pulls. There is still room left in the tune for more power but why chance it. 780 RWHP 800 RWTQ is getting it done for now and the cast pistons are shining. Thanks again to Paolo (CPE), and Donavan (PB&J).

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car now has 11,500 miles on it since the install. The last leak-down and compression tests were done just over 11K with minimal change. I haven't done anything to the car other than oil changes for the last several thousand miles. I drive it daily with a few long pulls each week. She is still hitting around 10.5 psi on the top with the AF's hitting 10.9 deep into the pulls. There is still room left in the tune for more power but why chance it. 780 RWHP 800 RWTQ is getting it done for now and the cast pistons are shining. Thanks again to Paolo (CPE), and Donavan (PB&J).

That's great. Mine is currently at 10psi and I'm impressd :D

Are you using a vec or AEM ?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 - so you went from super to turbo (are you using CPEs kit)? What's the difference between the two and I would assume you like it over the super?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 - so you went from super to turbo (are you using CPEs kit)? What's the difference between the two and I would assume you like it over the super?

I have changed from the Roe to the CPE side mount. I will still be working with and on the Roe s/c's and now I'm also a dealer and installer for the CPE TT's.
I have had it on my car a month or so, but just now made the final changes...boost conrtoller, larger injectors (from what I had) so that I can get serious about playing with it.

Differences.....that's a tough question.
I will be able to shed more light after more seat time.

1. Cost: To me, that is a biggie....I'm cheap :)
Roe $7700 to $8500 for 550 to 650whp. The last one I did for the lower pricing, no w/m and only 6.5 psi made 593whp. It already had rockers/headers.

The CPE TT cost.......there are options: Vec3 or AEM ? Complete fuel system or just some some add ons ? Full blown system to make 1300whp with the proper engine would be a little over 20k
Currently I am quoting a base system with a stock motor, vec3, injectors/rails/boost-a-pump, etc. and hope for it to come in at $17,500. It will end up around 700whp but will have the capability to go up from there in power if fuel pumps/lines etc. are added. After that, it just depends on the strength/quality of the engine.

2. How do they drive....
The Roe is very drivable.....acts like a big ci built motor and then some. Killer on the autocross...full boost at low rpms and that equals lots of bottom end tq at freeway rpms.

The TT's look to be very drivable too but maybe need more throttle to get the power coming in. Mine is going thru 8 psi of boost at 3500 rpm...that will lower as I lean it up.....it's very rich right now....but when it hits hang on ;)

Looking at my recent data log on a 3rd gear roll on from low rpm it shows that I went from 75 mph to 105 in 2 seconds. That's at 10 psi and pretty much untuned. My speedo is off 10% right now (vs GPS) so it was probably more like 82 to 115. I only turned it 5500 rpm. So far, I'm impressed.

edit: nothing special about that mph range....just the only thing logged on the initial tuning.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony, im glad to hear all of this on the CPE kit. keep us posted on what ya like or dont like about it.

then i wanna see what your CPE TT can do on the track....:)

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody - good to hear you're still racking up the miles. That's more than I can do in 3 years.

Tony - hurry up and get more seat time. Looking forward on your quarter mile numbers.