Creampuff goes 10.54, thanks Larry Macedo

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Went 10.54 @ 132 mph yesterday, then backed it up with a 10.60 and then a 10.58. I was in the 10s eight times yesterday ranging from 10.54 to 10.81 on drag radials with a best 60 ft of 1.54 and a best 1/8 mile of 6.82 @ 106.79. Thank you Larry Macedo, I told him I wanted a solid 10.50 car and he delivered. No break downs and I drove the car 135 miles home on the drag radials.

Does anybody know what the fastest creampuff is or has been, cars with stock cast pistons, cam and heads, no internal mods just bolt ons and power adders? I need a goal to shoot for.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats John...........you have one awesome looking/running beast there. We are trying to get our kiddies on the Vipers Soccer Club to become a fine tuned machine like the Macedo snakes running out there. We are getting there.

Bindy

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Sweet runs for sure. As for your question, we ran a 2001
GTS a few years ago (BLS 2002) with just headers E.t. Streets and a nitrous system and went 10.50 @ 135 mph at Speedworld. There used to be a video of it on my website..
Im not sure if it is still there as it was almost 3 years
ago. The car had since received more mods but has not
been ran again to my knowledge. It made 585 RWHP @ 906 RWTQ with the simple mods above.

Congrats again on the great runs!

Tom

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went 10.54 @ 132 mph yesterday, then backed it up with a 10.60 and then a 10.58. I was in the 10s eight times yesterday ranging from 10.54 to 10.81 on drag radials with a best 60 ft of 1.54 and a best 1/8 mile of 6.82 @ 106.79. Thank you Larry Macedo, I told him I wanted a solid 10.50 car and he delivered. No break downs and I drove the car 135 miles home on the drag radials.

Does anybody know what the fastest creampuff is or has been, cars with stock cast pistons, cam and heads, no internal mods just bolt ons and power adders? I need a goal to shoot for.

Good job fuelman!! I bet you are using some kind of special fuel, that's the secret isn't it?

Congratulations!

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pass...
As for the Q. Butch the Snake took the yellow 2001 GTS to 10.42 @ 134.xx last year with a 150 shot. Backed it up with another 10.4 @ 134 (this was at the annual Viperclub drag day). Later last year it went 135.xxmph.

Keep up the good work and keep showing what the creampuffs can do.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, John, you continue to run faster and faster every time you go to the track, Sir!

Tom, John is simply posting the fact that he continues to better his times, not that he has the fastest "creampuff." Actually, the new fastest "creampuff" award goes to Jdawg, John Smith. Congrats to John Smith for finally destroying Tom Welch's old "creampuff" record by almost 1/2 a second.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Tom, thanks for the response. I remember that car it was sapphire blue with silver stripes also. I guess JDAWG blew the creampuff record out of the water. Ok, so my new goal for this year will be to go better than 10.10. I may need a smaller pulley!!!

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,
I wasn't being nast or anything. He just asked a question. I added an anser to the best of my knowledge. So it looks like creampuffs are gonna need 9's now too. Geesh, next thing you know all the creampuffs will be going 8's,,lol.

Good job john. Get some nice HIGH octane fuel and a great tune and you'll be at your goal.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No prob Larry,
If there is one thing I've learned, there is always another Tom. lol, And I always plame everything on another Tom j/k

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome times Fuelman! Did you and Larry add a little squirt of juice on top of that 5lb pulley?

I'd be happy with that number with my 8lb setup.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Running a 50 shot, we get a little more than 50 hp out of it as it cools the supercharger and lets it do its job. It was a great ride, pressed into the seat until I lifted at the traps.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John, congratulations on your run and it was nice that both of us hit personal bests, side by side, two Macedo sapphire blue silver stripe cars. It was a blast running against you that run and I really look forward to hooking up again.

Tony-10.83 on Pilots and no nitros. Yeah baby, way to go Macedo!!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John

It was a great race and I had alot of fun running with you guys. I was scared to jump up in class not expecting my car to run as well as it did.

In competition I ran a 100 shot and made several 10.5x passes. I do have cast pistons, but my car has a set of heads and a cam.

After the race I put in the 150 jets and ran the 10.1 at 135. Couldn't believe it and that was on STOCK HALFSHAFTS.

Thanks to Ward and the Macedo crew for their hospitality and hard work in conjunction with Roof to make this a great event.

John

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad too see you could low creampuff number and not only did you do that, but also drove all the way back to Orlando too. The only thing you trailered was the turbo Camero but it was still running 2.

Congrats John :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine