Cross country Viper trip starting tomorrow

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headed out to LA tomorrow night to pick up the 02 FE, spending three nights in Vegas, maybe one night with UtahViper, one night in Vail and then a run back to Georgia.

Never been to Vegas....any suggestions fo a country boy :cool:
p.s. the wife will be with me

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update.....

Picked up the car from Mike around midnight Thursday night. The car is nice and just as Mike presented it to be. After his LA horror stories when we were looking the car over, this georgia boy loaded the rounds in the firearm and headed east Spent the first night about an hour out of East LA then got to Vegas Friday morning. I have never been there so needless to say it was something else....the icing on the cake was cruising the main drag in the Viper. In the land of all that money a GTS still gets the attention it deserves....pictures, pointing, etc. etc.

Sunday we headed up to Todd Wilhites (UtahViper) house to spend the night. He is just south of Salt Lake in Provo Utah. Todd's house is at 4500' elevation....normal for that area, but his house is setting on the side/bottom of a 12,000' mountain that still has snow on it. No wonder he laughs at Georgia's 3000' mountains (Todd calls them hills ) He has an awesome spread and a great family.

Late this morning (Monday) we headed east thru the mountains with a stop in Vail Co. The drive has been great....amazing views and scenery. Everything from hours of straights cruising at 95-105 with the occasional run to 150, to miles and miles of twisties in between huge peaks beside rivers yadda, yadda....I can't describe how great the driving has been. At one point I saw over 11,000' elevation on the GPS......let me tell you, around 8,000' and up even a Viper has lazy acceleration. One of the best down hills beside the Colorado river thru tunnels etc. (probably 10+ miles long) we got behind a darn police car (50mph zone).......at the bottom I had to turn around and go back to the top to properly do the drive I wasn't letting it all hang out (the wife doesn't go there) but down hill at 85 or so made for nice sweeping turns.

I am currently in Denver for the night, looks like one more stop tomorrow night and that should get us home Wednesday, 1300 miles left. It will take me a few days to get things settled at home and I will post up some pictures.....I will have to narrow them way down. Like my wife said "after every curve there is another picture that needs to be taken" It's like driving thru a post card

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery