Cruise Control

3snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAS anyone put one on a viper ? how hard is it to do

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to a guy last week who had put a Snake Oyl kit on his SRT-10. He loved it -- says it has saved him from getting tickets on longer trips.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want cruise control, heads up display, adjustable suspension, traction control, active handling, power seats.

I mean I want a C5. :)

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't cheap and takes a bit of time to install plus careful splicing of the ECU wiring harness. Documentation is weak, so a shop manual is a must. I mounted the cruise control module up under the windshield avoiding any firewall *********** (RF control) but now SnakeOyl recommends under dash install. I agree given the weather issues and the marginal wireless reception. Nothing real unique about it, just pre-modified for Viper installation. Remember to run it for 30 minutes before testing the depressed clutch cutout. Needs time to "learn". Be ready to shut down the engine while testing that feature until it's proven out.

All that said, you'd think I didn't like it, but I do. It's a real knee saver on cross country cruises. I'd do it again.......

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want cruise control, heads up display, adjustable suspension, traction control, active handling, power seats.

I mean I want a C5. :)

LOL

Several years ago the reply to the "cruise control" question was, "get a brick." Which I thought was funny but the original poster did not.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have a hard wired system on mine, it looks stock, just behind the turn signal lever. ******** guys will call you names, but if your gonna drive for more than 2 hours you won't get gout in your left foot like they will. Macedo put it in for me, thats why it works like a stock unit.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for me and my house, we don't want cruise control, big amps, creature comforts, and sticky emblems.
I sold my C5 and now have a Viper.
(I am thinking about mudflaps and fender skirts, though.)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness to those wanting cruise control, me included, it is a knee saver. I've driven the Viper on long drives (1000 miles to 6500 miles) to VOIs and cruise control would definitely have helped in those boring mid-western states with straight line interstates.

-Avi

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please post a pic of the Cruise Control installed in there car ?? The Snake Oyl web page is down.

Thanks

Jeff

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cruise Control..not Snake Oyls...

You must be registered for see images

this is an AM part for the older V10 RAMS...works like charm, and is hardwired...no IR bs to deal with...

Had it installed the day after I bought my RT, as the next day I drove from Minneosta to Texas...

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Installing one in a Gen 1 Viper is much more difficult then a Gen 2 because of the dual throttle cables and the way they attach to the gas pedal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine