Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, anyone in Louisville or Lexington wanna go cruising this weekend? :drive:

-Stretch

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
GREAT timing, guys...I was just discussing this very issue last PM with a VCA member in the Lexington area.

There is a HUGE car show in the Booneville, KY area this weekend. I asked him to e-mail the details for distribution to members and for posting here.

I would suggest that folks USE the 2008 VCA Directory that was sent out a couple of weeks ago to locate Viper owners in your area ...AND GET TOGETHER for some fun.

If I can help...contact me by phone or e-mail....this weather is too good to miss!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could drive north too. I'm kind of between Louisville & Lexington so I thought I'd see if people were in either location.

I'm still getting my paperwork together to send into the VCA, so I don't have a membership yet or the directory.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going Elk Creek tomorrow evening to do some ***** shooting with some friends. Thats about 1/3 way down. Anyway what you thinking in terms of cruise? If Saturday or Sunday is nice I could probably break away. Maybe this info from Steve on the car show would be a good cruise? It down there a ways though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have anything specific in mind. I was just planning to get out and drive since I just bought the car and the driving season is coming to a close. Thought I'd ask around to see if anyone else in the area as interested. That car show looks to be a solid 2.5 hours away. Where is Elk Creek?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Im up for a drive! Elk Creek is about half way down 71 back some long back roads etc. Not a great meet up place. I wont have the viper with me tomorrow eve because I have 3 friends coming. If you like to ***** shoot this place is AWSOME! You get to drive around in gulf carts carrying shotguns blowing orange disks out of the air.... way to fun!

Anyway Saturday or Sunday weather permitting I would be happy to meet up somewhere down 71 or 75 not sure what works for you. Not a lot between us. Maybe we could get Adam (AB) or (Hiss) to meet up with there viper or Lambo! Congratulations on your Viper purchase!! What did you get? :needpics:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm linking 3 of you KY guys to this thread...and, WHATEVER you all decide...send me some info or post it here so I can e-mail it to the folks in your area. Time is getting short!

SWEET RIDE, Stretch !!!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking at the exits on 71. Whats after Le grange coming north from you? Im figuring we keep it too 45 minutes driving (about half way)or so for you and me? Unless you know some nice drives between us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive 71 quite a bit going back and forth between Columbus, but I've never left the highway. Exit 34 is Campbellsburg, exit 44 is where I usually buy gas, the KY speedway is at 55 and 57. So I guess I'm not much help for good areas to go driving up there.

Thanks Steve!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Stretch you know if there is anything in Campbellsburg KY off 71? Is that a midway for you or do back roads make it easier to come further north than going over to 71? Im all ears?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ky Speedway exit or Campbellsburg would be fine for me. What kind of drive time is that for you (Viper drive time that is). All distances are closer in a Viper

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I moved east of Louisville I typically take back roads up to Campbellsburg to get to 71. I'm only about 30 minutes from that exit so that has to be a ways for you.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ky Speedway exit or Campbellsburg would be fine for me. What kind of drive time is that for you (Viper drive time that is). All distances are closer in a Viper

I'm 30 minutes from Campbellsburg and probably 50 minutes from the KY speedway.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know how to jump into the Chat room funtion on the boards? Its up in the middle of the boards says "CHAT" If not no big deal. KY Speedway is about 35 minutes or so from me. Not too bad a drive at all. Is that a bit far for you? we could do in between?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK we got it set! STEVE can you pass this on.

We "Stretch" and I are going to meet this Saturday Oct 4th at 1:00 at EXIT 55 on I-71(ky Speedway) at the gas station there. If you are interested give me a call to let me know your coming 859-547-3252. We will cruise for a while hang tell lies and maybe find some food but not in that order :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer man, more snakes would be fun.

I'm glad there are more Vipers in Louisville though :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Shandon...will do!!

UPDATE...I was MISTAKEN...the event that I mentioned above as happening this weekend in "Booneville" IS IN FACT taking place the FOLLOWING weekend and is in Boonesborough State Park near Richmond, KY on Oct 11th and 12th (THANKS, Bill , for sending me the CORRECT info). !!Sounds like 1000 cars participate

Hopefully, will have more to post on this later...JUMP in here KY folks if you already know the info.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump

Anyone else wanna go cruising with Shandon and I tomorrow?

:drive:

ViperLogic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stretch, I would love to! I'm from Lexington. Only problem is me and my Viper now live in Dallas... Meaning I would have had to leave 3 hrs ago! Man do I miss the roads and the scenery! Your car looks fantastic my friend. I hope you all have a blast! Be safe!

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch, I would love to! I'm from Lexington. Only problem is me and my Viper now live in Dallas... Meaning I would have had to leave 3 hrs ago! Man do I miss the roads and the scenery! Your car looks fantastic my friend. I hope you all have a blast! Be safe!

Doh! So close and yet so far. Unfortunately you are no longer here but on the bright side you have a longer driving season!

Thanks for the comments, I love the car and have already driven her 600 miles in a week. If you're ever back in the area let me know. What Viper do you have?

ViperLogic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
98 Silver GTS. I too am a new Viper owner. It has been about 2 1/2 months now. Heartbeat still races when I open my garage!

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 Silver GTS. I too am a new Viper owner. It has been about 2 1/2 months now. Heartbeat still races when I open my garage!

Silver GTS, very nice car. I'd love to be able to add a GTS to my garage some day, but we will see.

Hey Shandon thanks for comin out today and giving me another excuse to drive the Viper! I had a great time and we should definitely do that again some time.

-Jason

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC