Cry02 Kit?

Mike Dolan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not sure if it would work or not, but to me it wouldn't seem to help. Cooling the intake charge increases it's density, and therefore increases the number of oxygen molecules in the cylinder. Liquid CO2 would cool the intake charge, but would also displace some of the oxygen with CO2. Whether or not the residual Oxygen would be more than otherwise seems like a guess, and whether the addition of large amounts of CO2 would screw up the mixture is uncertain - IMHO of course.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't spray in the fuel chamber. It flows fuel through a cooled block (heat transfer) before its injected. It also sprays water and/or CO2 in front of your intercooler...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wise tuner once put it to me this way:

next time your intercooler/motor is hot, go get a bottle of cold water with a sprayer and spray it on the intercooler. did it help?

I'll try anything but this one I passed on...

JD

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There were some tests done on this and spraying C02 on the intercooler or anywhere related to air intake resulted in actually decreasing the car's HP.

You can spray water on the intercooler but I doubt if that would do a significant gain if not do any harm due to all the stuff there that will get wet.

Then, you can spray NOS on the intercooler which works great. But NOS gets into the air intake and leans the car out. You can't tune for unknown amount of NOS. Risky.

The only thing that works efficiently (up to a point) is water-methanol injection. The problems are having to refill with water-methnaol frequently, difficulty in getting the water-methanol mixture and changing the tune.

If you want to have a cool intake temperature, put a nice big intercooler up front.

SPI TWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Mark Pietriski a call at DEI 1-800-264-9472, he will tell you how to make it work-you may have to change your tuning a bit when you are using it. Mark really knows his products well.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLUS the corrosive properties of methanol/water injection...I would not have it on my ride.