Curious - Why do you have your Viper?

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's only a handful of cars on the road that get my heart beating faster when I see one. The Viper is one of them.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the thread veers off into total silliness, here is the original question again:

If you have a Viper and do not use it for high speed and/or acceleration,of course lawful,why do you have it? Isn't it the same as having a work of art and never looking at it? A fine cigar and never smoking it? Ordering a great meal and never eating it? Just curious. Key words for those with adult hyperactivity attention deficit disorder: AND DO NOT USE IT FOR HIGH SPEED AND/OR ACCELERATION. Once again, in case you got distracted while reading the last eleven words: AND DO NOT USE IT FOR HIGH SPEED AND/OR ACCELERATION.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once agian in case you got distracted while reading the last eleven words: AND DO NOT USE IT FOR HIGH SPEED AND/OR ACCELERATION.

I don't know a single Viper owner who doesn't use it for high speed and/or acceleration on occasion. So maybe the answer to this stupid thread and your condescending follow-up posts is no one.

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because my wife wanted a wakeboard boat, she got one last summer, how could she say no to a Viper for me? As you can see by my mods, I do use it for it's intended purpose:)

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry your feelings got hurt Viper John.The follow up posts are humor not condescension. I know of two local Vipers that are garage queens that have never experienced high speed or acceleration. I suspect that there are many more throughout the country. I was, and still am, curious about the motivation of someone who has a Viper and does not use it for its intended purpose.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually the truly idiotic posts don't appear till the boredom of winter sets in. Snowing in Florida?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi ViperJon. Didn't you post the following tidbit over at the Alley? If so, why are you still bothering to post on the VCA site? Just curious.

"And amazingly still the simple question can not be answered in public.
How much is he (Jay Herbert) being paid a year?
I couldn't care less how much, but why can't it be public?
This is very disconcerting. I have been in the VCA for a couple years now, paying my dues beginning of every year. The lack of transparency on this and other funding issues is astounding. Everything has to be done in private by pm's, nothing can be just posted for all to see. It's all a secret only known to the elite. This is my last year in the VCA."

By the way, people like Jay keep the VCA alive as opposed to imposing the toxicity of an anonymous, negative post. Just so you know, you are being watched and listened to by the elite. And I thought they drove Ferraris and Lambos. Live and learn. :nana: LOL

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the thread veers off into total silliness, here is the original question again:

If you have a Viper and do not use it for high speed and/or acceleration,of course lawful,why do you have it? Isn't it the same as having a work of art and never looking at it? A fine cigar and never smoking it? Ordering a great meal and never eating it? Just curious. Key words for those with adult hyperactivity attention deficit disorder: AND DO NOT USE IT FOR HIGH SPEED AND/OR ACCELERATION. Once again, in case you got distracted while reading the last eleven words: AND DO NOT USE IT FOR HIGH SPEED AND/OR ACCELERATION.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strictly speaking Bob, this question should have been posted in the General Viper Discussion. You should know that since I have seen you criticize other people's posts for the same reasoning.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Strictly speaking Bob, this question should have been posted in the General Viper Discussion. You should know that since I have seen you criticize other people's posts for the same reasoning."

You are 100% correct. Although I was only thinking of SRT's, the post does not indicate same. The string should be moved to "General Viper Discussion."

Bob

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BOb O' I think some people including myself tried to explain it already, and then some other put in their own reasons for owning it.
What more do you want?
here i'll give you another answer if it will make you happy....
Maybe they want it as a collector car and to keep it in immaculate shape because it will be worth alot one day.
Are you happy now? :bonker:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not tax season for some time so Bob will be gracing us with more of his interesting observations and fascinating off topic posts like above. My post at Viper Alley has exactly what to do with anything here, or in any way relates to this inane topic? As others have said, stupid post, wrong forum, nice job... :2tu: .

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJon said:"Unfortunately it's not tax season for some time so Bob will be gracing us with more of his interesting observations and fascinating off topic posts like above. My post at Viper Alley has exactly what to do with anything here, or in any way relates to this inane topic? As others have said, stupid post, wrong forum, nice job... "

Sounds like a condescending remark by an anonymous poster to me. An easy thing to do when you are anonymous. Circle complete. Tax season is not a relevant consideration. Read more carefully. Watch out for those elite Viper owners. LOL

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it the same as having a work of art and never looking at it? A fine cigar and never smoking it?

You don't always have to be pulling 1+ g's or doing sub 4 second 0-60 times to appreciate a well built, powerful performance car. Just like the aroma and texture of a fine cigar can be enjoyed without ever smoking it.

Most you guys don't even track your Vipers anyway. To use your own analogy - you're just looking at the work of art, the racers are ************ on it. Talk about appreciation.

So don't go knockin' the Garage Queens too much. The self-proclaimed Street Kings are only a step or two above them on the food chain.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice post Chuck. I agree. No flame intended on the garage queens. It takes a significant amount of self discipline to resist the adrenalin shot which can be obtained by using the car's potential.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Nothing wrong with a little harmless flamin' be it directed at garage queens, street rodders or those idiots that slam expensive cars into tire walls.

W. SKAF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, somehow we moved away from the original question that started this post so i will get back and awnser it, the reason why i have a Viper because God gave be 2 balls and when i have a viper i feel like i just got an extra ball a total of 3 balls unless someone has 4, o well

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a Viper and do not use it for high speed and/or acceleration,of course lawful,why do you have it? Isn't it the same as having a work of art and never looking at it? A fine cigar and never smoking it? Ordering a great meal and never eating it? Just curious.

'Power' is having every justification to use it,- and we don't. That's power..

You don't need a Viper to have a car that will break speed laws. So the answer could be the same for any car that does more than 70mph, or a 1/4 in less than 16 seconds.

Besides, it's still a **** body style, and limited production.

I should be getting a Viper once again (the 4th one I've had) by the end of the week :) Just can't stay away from them, though I have tried.

A car that (speaking of garage queens) evidently, according to a dealer's check on its' history, only saw 40 miles the during the first 3 years of its' life !

Over 7000 miles on it now. With luck it'll be at the strip this Saturday.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Nothing wrong with a little harmless flamin' be it directed at garage queens, street rodders or those idiots that slam expensive cars into tire walls.

Hey! your getting close to home now with that last part :bonker:

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, is asking why people buy Vipers and then don't "drive them like they stole it"

The only reason I can think of is what JUCD said. Some people buy them as collector's items. I'm in the middle, I drive mine hard some of the time, but don't track it because I can't afford to replace it. "Don't race if you can't afford to replace"

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here why most people don't drive these babies to the limit. There's no return from going over.

I've been club racing for 12 years, and the track can bite-cha.

4030DSC02398-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here why most people don't drive these babies to the limit. There's no return from going over.

I've been club racing for 12 years, and the track can bite-cha.

4030DSC02398-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10

OUCH!!!!!do you still play at the track, or give it up since the accident

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the weather to cool down a little before I break in the SRT/10.

Maybe I shouldn't of said break:-(

2005 Silver SRT/10

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been a dream of mine to own one since they launched in 1992 and finally I got to obtain the dream I always had in 2003. I loved the car so much due to its radical looks and great engine. You do not see anything like it for it's price range.