Custom length chrome molly push rods that go with the T&D 1.7 roller rockers

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who sells the these? And what price is the best I can get them for? I got my 1.7 T&D roller rockers today and I need the custom length chrome molly push rods that go with these. So I can be ready this spring to install them. Any help will be apreciated.
You must be registered for see images

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Custom length chrome molly push rods that go with the T&D 1.7 roller rockers

so what hppened? Did you need to replace the stock push rods? If so, where did you get them? I am putting a set on a 96 R/T(Gen I).

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Custom length chrome molly push rods that go with the T&D 1.7 roller rockers

Each car is a little different. First, ignore the T&D directions about the supplied gauge. You install one of the two supplied shim packs. You do this to get the roller/valve geometry centered. Once you have the correct shim kit in place you install one stock push rod and see if it has the correct length with the adjusting nut approximately one full turn in. Even if you can obtain the correct setting with the stock rods, they are a multiple piece rod, several aftermarket manufacturers have the one piece rods which are far more durable.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had to put 7.6" Push Rods in my Gen1. You can order what you need from Crower, Summit etc.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had to put 7.6" Push Rods in my Gen1. You can order what you need from Crower, Summit etc.

Hey JP,
Did you go with the T&D's? If so, did you have to shim the rockers? Is the 7.6 push rod longer than stock? I am going to be doing these after the holiday and seems a bit overwhelming. Have to check geometry and all, I ony got a C- in geometry :D

Mike

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the T&D roller rocker installation on my '96, I used the thick shims and a set of TrickFlow pushrods (7.70" chromemoly, .080" wall thickness). Got the pushrods from SummitRacing. They sent a set of 16 that were in stock. The other 4 single pushrods were 'back ordered' and took ALMOST TWO MONTHS to arrive! I haven't dynoed yet as I'm now in the middle of building a new set of spark plug wires to replace the sub-standard 'hi-temp' Mopar wires that melted due to the Mopar headers...

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

call jason heffner. he can get you the push rod you need.

410 766 2800

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike, The 7.6" Push Rods were perfect for my Gen1. But have in mind that my heads are milled 0.04 and my valve stems are 0.1 longer then stock.

I used the shim that were included. Just paint the top of the valve stem and check how the roller is moving on the stem, then Y will find the correct geometry easy.

Hey JP,
Did you go with the T&D's? If so, did you have to shim the rockers? Is the 7.6 push rod longer than stock? I am going to be doing these after the holiday and seems a bit overwhelming. Have to check geometry and all, I ony got a C- in geometry :D

Mike