Custom Made Gauges

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Working on designing custom gauges for the Viper. It is basically a sandwich of a transparency up front, and plane paper behind. The needles are a generic GM product and only cost 20$ shipped. I chose to change the needles because the OEM ones do not allow light to pass through them due to them being black plastic. I want these puppies to glow red! The part that connects to the motor is longer, so I am going to cut them down to size. Currently have finals this week so I will continue working on them next week.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the project! Thanks!
-Saxon

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Interesting.....

Have you got other red interior accents other than the gauges?

OP
OP
S

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do! I replaced the window switches with red LEDs. I also replaced all the green LEDs in the radio with red ones. Al the other buttons / knobs in the car (Door lock, Power Mirror) now have white LEDs soldered in them. Ohh, and also am having the interior wrapped in red leather this week. You could say that she is going to be quite red inside. Its a black 06 Vert. I will post pics one the transformation is complete. (Probably a few weeks)

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool! Can't wait to see them in and glowing!

OP
OP
S

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I should have a test gauge at least lit properly by next week (White led(s) behind and red LED for the needle). I will be sure to post a picture when i hit that stage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang