Custom Sound System On 99 Viper650r &k40 Radar Detector

VIPER650R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JSUT RECEIVED MY VIPER BACK FROM STEREO SHOP. CAME OUT GREAT!! 2 JL AUDIO AMPS. 6 JL ZR SERIES COMPONENT SPEAKERS. ONE 12 INCH JL W-7. NEW IN DASH STEREO WITH 3.5 INCH SCREEN FOR DVDS. SOUNDS AWESOME. ALSO THE TWO BLUE DOTS IN RADIO PICTURE IS K40 RADAR DETECTOR AND HAS FRONT AND REAR LASER JAMMERS.
You must be registered for see images

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much did that rear box cost ya? I already have the amps, subs and speakers, I just need to have them build me a box to put my subs/amp in... looks awesome!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice stuff.

For what its worth, you may want to test a Valentine 1 (or other radar box of choice) side by side against the K40.

Mine came with the integrated K40 (the band and volume switch is where the side view mirror knob used to be); it too has front/rear detection with laser jammers and frankly, it doesn't work very well.

I did some testing with known speed traps in my neighborhood and the Valentine 1 picked up the police radar signals from at least twice the distance the K40 responded at. Both front and rear. I don't know how to test laser jammer gear.....I think you'd have to be going ticket-procuring fast near a cop and not get a ticket to know it works - unless you're fortunate enough to have an officer friend wholl let someone sit in his cruiser while he hits you with laser....and see what happens.

You may want to borrow some other detectors and test them. Maybe my K40 is a poor example but I don't trust it like I trust the V1.

:usa:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the vents are blocked just remember don't open your windows at high speed or you'll blow your rear hatch.

OP
OP
V

VIPER650R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The K40 Works Great!!. I Have A Valentine In My Porsche. The K40 Works Just As Good If Not Better. Its Saved Me One Ticket Already. Don't Get Me Wrong I Love My Valentine Also. Just Wanted Something Clean For My Viper.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The K40 Works Great!!. I Have A Valentine In My Porsche. The K40 Works Just As Good If Not Better. Its Saved Me One Ticket Already. Don't Get Me Wrong I Love My Valentine Also. Just Wanted Something Clean For My Viper.

Clean it is - the K40. Nice to hear you're happy with it, perhaps I have some way-old software or something. I'll check into it.

OP
OP
V

VIPER650R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spare Is In Garage!! Not Sure Where Shifter Came From. When I Bought The Car It Was Alraedy Installed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery