Dave Polen wins Viper Nationals

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a great turn out for our event in Columbus. Dave Polen won the Viper Eliminator with his super charged GTS. He also tied Jack Bene for King of Vipers, which is the best combination time in AutoX and Drag racing. Jules Bene had the best time in the AutoX. We had a good turn out of local cars. Unlimited track time, Auto X and a Ohio VCA hospitality . Ian Simms had low ET for the event.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats dave!

sounds like you must of resolved the shift to third after i left...that a baby!!!!

hope you got the thousand bucks for winning!!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome job guys, congrats :2tu: What was Ians time and MPH?

Mike, my ET was not good. I ran an 11.04 @129mph. The track was extremely bad. I never saw them spray it once with VHT. When I raced Rich (V10MOJO), both of our cars where heading towards the center line together. It was quite and experience, LOL. Pollen had his car in the high 10's a week or so ago (I think 10.80's), and he had to run the 11.50 class this past weekend.

It was still a great event, and it was real nice seeing everyone again. Hats off to the Ohio VCA and Paul for their effort in the event. Congrats again to SuperDavz for taking home the big money, $1300.

Kenny (SUNRAKAT), had the low ET on street tires and Rich won the 11.0 class. I can't remember the exact order of the rest.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. It was nice to see you again, my wife was sad that see didnt get to see you guys.

Thanks Larry, That M2 powered car is killer!

S

SUN RA KAT

Kenny (SUNRAKAT), had the low ET on street tires and Rich won the 11.0 class. I can't remember the exact order of the rest.

I ran 11.9 ET at 126 MPH, but blew a fuse at the finish line - scared the hell out of me = loud Boom! - Bobby Loder, the best Viper Tech ever found why my engine shut down and wouldn't restart. This happened on my very first run this year!

Bobby drove it on the 2nd run of my Viper this year and blew the new fuse before the finish line. He got a 11.7 ET at 116 MPH.

Then came a lot of work by Bobby and his great assistant, Chris, trying to find out why my Viper was blowing fuses in 4th gear. They found 2 possible things and finished working on fixes just as the competition runs were starting.

I was really rattled at that point - everyone had their own ideas on what to do and half the field there offered use of their trailers to tow my Viper.

Barely made it to the stagging line in time and Dave Polen catches me asleep at the tree. I start to make the distance between us smaller, like I will catch him, but I missed 4th gear and crossed the finish line at a safe 102 MPH in 3rd gear with a 12.3 ET.

The track stewards gave me permission to do an exhibition run to test my car. I granny shift and get all 4 gears. Ran perfect in all 4 gears. My 11.9 was slightly faster than my earlier 11.9.

I submitted Bobby's 11.7 ET for the award. He should have most deservedly got the prize money and I got the trophy as the car owner.

My Viper made it home and got 20 MPG.

And that's the rest of the story.
[image]http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=101083&stc=1&thumb=1[/image]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang