DC Bumper to Bumper Warranty extension on 04?

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 04 is at the dealer today for an inspection and warranty extension since it runs tomorrow. Dealer is a friend of mine (we'll see how good a friend), but I am wondering what others have paid for same.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dont the 04 have the last of the 7 year 70,000 mile warrenty? Are you at the millage already?

Mine came with a 3 year, 36,000 mile. I'm no where near that mileage, but my 3 years expires in April. I'm also curious to see what an extended warrantee cost?

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 7/70 warranty is on the powertrain only. I just had an experience which I shared with this forum. My oil pan gasket was replaced, my right front shock was replaced , and my passenger window regulator was replaced.

These were all covered by my extended warranty, minus the $100 deductable.

It's a wise investment, trust me.

Don

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paid $3000 for my 7 yr/ 100,000 mile/ $0 deductible bumper to bumper factory DCX warranty on my 06 coupe when it was new. Not sure of the warranty extension costs.

OP
OP
B

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, just got the quotes for comprehensive coverage 6yrs/70,000 miles: $2216 w/ $100 dd, $2316 w/ $50 dd, $2416 w/ $0 dd.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Mine runs out in April. By the time I finally get around to looking it will be April so I am ahead of the game now.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there any deadline for purchasing. Mines a 05 ,bought July 06, so i got plenty of time. Reason I ask is because i work at a Volvo dealer and the have certain criteria. You can only buy a ext warranty if you have had a service/inspection within 45 days and you MUST have 1000 miles and one month of factory warranty still remaining.

So just wondering if DC has anything strange like that. Also we have a stated or Total care. My dealer only sells the better Total care. Are there options like that with DC.

OP
OP
B

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'd shop around if I had more time.

Actually, I screwed up and mine expired on 1-10, but my dealer will backdate it and I just got it inspected yesterday.