DC / Dodge / PVO - THANK YOU!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sitting back yesterday reflecting upon the process of the development of the new 2003 SRT-10. It's hard to believe that a company like Dodge would sit back and listen to future buyers of their product the way they did with their new Viper.

I started the "Bring Back Black" campaign along with another black car lover on the Viper website a while back thinking there was little to no chance of that happening and... Dodge listened to the Viper owners call - Black Is Back"! (Thank you) We asked for more HP and... Dodge listened along with 10 or 15 other requests for changes or inclusions in the new Viper - Dodge Listened!

If this weren't enough - After we were told the car we all viewed at the car shows and in the magazines was the final product - We said the car was just not aggressive enough. What did Dodge do - they went back to the drawing board and made changes to the car to make it look more aggressive to match it's power plant just before production was to begin.

It is impossible to please everyone but I think Dodge has answered the call of most Viper owners with the final version of the 2003 Viper SRT-10!

What other car company would do what Dodge has done - My guess is NONE of them. Thank You DC / Dodge / PVO!

I really look forward to receiving my new ride in BLACK!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom 2K:
I was sitting back yesterday reflecting upon the process of the development of the new 2003 SRT-10. It's hard to believe that a company like Dodge would sit back and listen to future buyers of their product the way they did with their new Viper.

I started the "Bring Back Black" campaign along with another black car lover on the Viper website a while back thinking there was little to no chance of that happening and... Dodge listened to the Viper owners call - Black Is Back"! (Thank you) We asked for more HP and... Dodge listened along with 10 or 15 other requests for changes or inclusions in the new Viper - Dodge Listened!

If this weren't enough - After we were told the car we all viewed at the car shows and in the magazines was the final product - We said the car was just not aggressive enough. What did Dodge do - they went back to the drawing board and made changes to the car to make it look more aggressive to match it's power plant just before production was to begin.

It is impossible to please everyone but I think Dodge has answered the call of most Viper owners with the final version of the 2003 Viper SRT-10!

What other car company would do what Dodge has done - My guess is NONE of them. Thank You DC / Dodge / PVO!

I really look forward to receiving my new ride in BLACK!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the " whiners " deserve the credit! If everyone had been a Dodge puppet you would have gotten the first final version. Now they only have to do one more thing to get it right. Build the coupe! Sorry in advance for my whining.

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
I think the " whiners " deserve the credit! If everyone had been a Dodge puppet you would have gotten the first final version. Now they only have to do one more thing to get it right. Build the coupe! Sorry in advance for my whining.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I agree here. If a select few hadn't been so vocal about the design, would it have been improved at this late stage? The car I saw on the road in Santa Barbara looked much better than the early release photos.

Anyway, thanks to Dodge for listening!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh now you thank us for whining.
sarcblink.gif
If we didnt whine, all of you guys would have to drive around in honda s2000's. Instead you wanted us to just be positive. Imagine if we did. At least now you guys all have a good stratus!
laugh.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:
Oh now you thank us for whining.
At least now you guys all have a good stratus!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are just, plain...WICKED
laugh.gif

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember....

we want the coupe, we want the coupe, we want the coupe....

and NO I'm not going to stop whining :)

The best part about this is, I know that when the coupe comes
out it will be the best Viper yet. :)

Come on Dodge... I can't wait

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the guys at PVO and they said they made the changes because of the nice comments and positive input. They said they didn't read any of the whiners comments. (JK)
jester.gif

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all those who
You must be registered for see images
on the original SRT, you got the job done (more or less).
Many more thanks though to all the great folks at CAAP for creating that much improved final version...especially in black (good thinking Jerry)!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the people whining did a **** thing..

I think the people that offered constructive criticism deserve the most credit. Actually, Trey Pullen was the guy that organized that poll, so if anyone deserves the credit for voicing the concerns to DC, it is him.

Maybe we should all chip in and buy Trey an SRT? What do you say Trey? Can't you see yourself in an SRT... a sleek black SRT to go with your almost-black GTS? Or a stunning silver snake? Or classic red? Come on - we know you're drooling because really love the SRT! Admit it!!!
smile.gif
Just playing wit ya!

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet there's more to the story of why DC realy changed the car...

and I bet it had nothing to do with what anyone did or said on
this board.

To me, the front fenders have come off of the comp coupe...
I have pics somewhere that shows the opening being that large
on the coupe...

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike/Smoke, I think ALL of the words splattered on this site did A LOT to get the version we are about to receive. The battle has been heated, but look at the good it produced! All I can say to all is that is you like a cool high performance vehicle, you will love the SRT/10. I have never driven ANYTHING that felt like this.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whiners, constructive criticizers, and (car) color commentators mixed together yield one common uncommonly good, improved vehicle. Cartman and the car gods are getting a bit happier. Cool.

You must be registered for see images

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Steve already drove the car---
SO----
He is not eligible to drive at VOI until all the others have driven..

But then... he lives in that part of the country.
He aleady paid his dues, just for that!!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the whiners now whining about not getting the credit for the changes made to the SRT?
Jeez...what does it take to make you guys happy?
If they promise not to whine about it, will Dodge give em a coupe already?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Paul, since I got the pre-drive I will take my name out of the hat for any tests at VOI. My curiosity had been more than satisfied!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude