DCP flash

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At what point will this be worth the $. I have minor mods on an 06 coupe. K&n intake,corsa exhaust,high flow cats,3:73 gears,soon to install light flywheel,stop tech rotors,forge line wheels,ps2's. Will a re flash be very beneficial, will I notice a difference? Also, if I'm having the flywheel done, is there anything else I should have done while it's being worked on?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ALL SRT-10's will benefit, regardless of any mods, even stock cars.

You can either edit the operating parameters to suit your driving style & location, (idle, fan temps, skip shift, etc) or adjust the tuning of the car.

The single most beneficial thing is getting rid of the WOT delay timers which kill the response of the car, and also kill FI engines regularly, making it run dangerously lean.

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. It sounds like it's going to be sent in.About what can i expect to pay for this(approx.)and what is the turn around time? While the flywheel is being replaced, is it opportune to do any other mod?

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will call DC Monday,that sounds like a reasonable price to get a little more out of the car. Any particular clutch, or just the stock version?

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should definitely change your clutch when you change your flywheel. It's like changing rotors without the pads , they both need to seat together. I used Center Force. I'm sure other people will chime in on this too.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At what point will this be worth the $. I have minor mods on an 06 coupe. K&n intake,corsa exhaust,high flow cats,3:73 gears,soon to install light flywheel,stop tech rotors,forge line wheels,ps2's. Will a re flash be very beneficial, will I notice a difference? Also, if I'm having the flywheel done, is there anything else I should have done while it's being worked on?
I have similar mods as you on my '06 Coupe - Green Filters; Corsa Track; PS2's; 3.55's, and the DC Tune.

I actually got the Tune before the Gears, and I did feel it once I hit 3rd gear. Definitely pulls a bit harder. 1st and 2nd go by so fast it was hard to tell - Just hang-on.:drive::D

IMO, if you do get one, I suggest getting an extra PCM so that you can retain your stock program - for obvious warranty reasons. I bought the extra PCM and it set me back ~$900 IIRC.

Of course now you can get the DC Tune in a Programmer which will allow you to save your stock tune (on the hand-held programmer), and download the DC Tune into your stock PCM (Without ever removing it!). and back to stock again if you choose. I would have done this if it were avalable when I purchased the Tune.

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what makes this forum awesome, I didn't even think of that. I definitely need one with both programs, just in case.