dealer pulling tranny out for repairs?

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s a acceptable amount of time to have a dealer pull transmission, replace second gear sync and get back together? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow?

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 days, depending on how much works he has and how long it takes for the parts to get ordered and shipped.

they had the parts. They had the car for two weeks before this to tell me I was right and the car was jumping out of gear and dodge made them try the second gear solenoid first. The car is under warrenty and just isn't a priority to them I guess ? But now enough is enough........

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What’s a acceptable amount of time to have a dealer pull transmission, replace second gear sync and get back together? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow?

The acceptable amount of time is what you and they agreed to on the Repair Order !!!

I suspect they farmed it out.

Note: Warrantee rebuild of a trans is VERY unusual..... some kind of aftermarket USED CAR warrantee?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds strange. Under warranty it is normal for them to R&R the bad part so they can take it back to the manufacturer for failure analysis. I'm not too sure about someone playing around in my transmission.......

But that is just me....

PBR

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The acceptable amount of time is what you and they agreed to on the Repair Order !!!

I suspect they farmed it out.

Note: Warrantee rebuild of a trans is VERY unusual..... some kind of aftermarket USED CAR warrantee?
when I bought the car I paid the $150. For the 7 year transferable warranty. They claim they do there on repairs? That's what they told me?

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do they say???
They told me two days when I dropped car off, after four I emaided with no respond, on the fifth I called and they said they where haveing problem getting part out? The next couple of days I got call and was told tech broke part putting in? I was asking allot of quetions and the service manerger didn't know? They was going to have broken part overnighted for next day, the next day they called to tell me they had to order a shoe that should of been replaced while they where in there? Just need advice what to do next. Sorry for misselling on iPhone

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who is "THEY" ? Dealer Name/Location?

" Not All Dodge Dealers Are Created Equal, and Neither are their 'Viper Techs' "

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man should have taken this opportunity to have shorter 5th and 6th ratios installed. But then again, they are having a hard enough time just getting it back together.

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man should have taken this opportunity to have shorter 5th and 6th ratios installed. But then again, they are having a hard enough time just getting it back together.

lol I here u, I just want it back now but done right......

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its a ways to go but I live in Stratham and I take my Viper up to Steve Heitz in Belmont. He is a great guy and does a great job.

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its a ways to go but I live in Stratham and I take my Viper up to Steve Heitz in Belmont. He is a great guy and does a great job.

If it wasn't under warrenty it would be there. Thanks bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang