Dealers want Cash Only

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess they don't want our trades anymore because of the market, the guy with the cash wins.

We can't upgrade unless we give our cars away, they are offering crazy low # trade in values, they won't even call you back if you say you have a (TRADE-IN).

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess they don't want our trades anymore because of the market, the guy with the cash wins.

We can't upgrade unless we give our cars away, they are offering crazy low # trade in values, they won't even call you back if you say you have a (TRADE-IN).

+1:mad: Iam being offered between 60-65 but some do call back:rolleyes:...Since they are now giving new 08s away for 60-65 no one stands a chance unless you have that money to throw away..Thats what I get for ordering my car;Thanks Chrysler:rolleyes:

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1:mad: Iam being offered between 60-65 but some do call back:rolleyes:...Since they are now giving new 08s away for 60-65 no one stands a chance unless you have that money to throw away..Thats what I get for ordering my car;Thanks Chrysler:rolleyes:

Kevin,
That is terrible, sorry to here that, you don't even want to know my offers and even by reputable dealers who are on and contribute to this site, They definately will call you back though, because if they get your car cheap they will make $$, SSG's are wanted.

BL

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, why don't you just buy Kevin's car?

I know you like SSG. Trust me, your wife will grow to love it as well. I'll have Donna talk to her if it helps.

Joe

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, why don't you just buy Kevin's car?

I know you like SSG. Trust me, your wife will grow to love it as well. I'll have Donna talk to her if it helps.

Joe

Joe,
If my car was sold and it was a SSG I wanted his car would be the first choice believe me, but most of us here are in the same situation, we all want to upgrade at some time, don't need two, only one and our values are going to hell because of stupid rebates/ incentives etc. I would probably rather all the prices stay high than look like this, they are all over the place, crazy.
Are you happy you entered the tread Joe?

BL

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUYS for petes sake you can't have it both ways at the same time......

Back in late 06 i sold my 03 17k miles for 50k and turned around and ordered one of the first red verts.. paid low 80s...sure i could get an 08 for less today but i'd be lucky to get >35k for my 03....

If you buy one of the first models of the year you are gonna pay more and don't be surprised if the value drops 20% in the first year...Everything is worth a lot less than it was 12 months ago including your house

Be grateful you still have a nice car to drive... with the economy the way it is this is the perfect time to appreciate what you have not what you want/need... some people are loosing their jobs/homes

Aspirations i have no sympathy for your situation and don't blame chrysler.. you ordered the car and bought it

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please show me the cars for sale at highly discounted prices...i have cash in hand...i want to buy....

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my 06 FE in Dec. 2005 I got almost $10K off...MSRP was @ $91,000. By the time I paid taxes/registration/clear bra/seat lowering etc. I was back up to almost $91k spent. Then 15 months later the '08's came out...best I could sell the car with 7,000 miles after 120 days on the market was $61K....nothing new here ladies/guys...its a new car and they all drop.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That the way it goes. I paid cash for my ACR in September, won't tell you what I gave for it. Not worried about the resale value as I will keep it for several years. I know, if I was wanting a new car and trying to trade that would bother me.

Same thing with my 06 Z06, paid cash in 06 for it too and it's a good thing my wife convinced me to keep it now as my daily driver as it won't bring anything close to what I think it's worth.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody who didn't see this coming, based on the -06 model experience, when the car market was pretty good, is blind. You were blinded by lust for 600 HP. Just my 2c.

Viper rolls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
08 Verts for 61k? Wow, that is an amazing buy. I've not been looking or in a position to upgrade so I've had no idea what market is now.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on, can't blame chrysler for this one... At least gas is cheap again too. Keep the cars, its fun to have a few... The market will come arounb eventually (when they stop making these perhaps). Maybe a new rule for this economy might be if you can't afford 2, you shouldn't have a viper (just postulating, I don't really care what anyone else does).

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealers are fighting for their lives in this economy. Tator's was almost shut down by Cerberus after decades of showing a profit and thank goodness it wasn't. Anybody that thinks they are getting a good trade in value is dreaming. Profit margins for used cars have always been the cash cow for dealerships and now they are the last hope for survival of many of them in today's economy. For many of you more well off Viper club members, there will be many dealer bankruptcy's and liquidation sales to take advantage of soon enough. If you hit the timing right, you could buy a bankrupt dealership, land,building and equipment, and cars on the lot for pennies on the dollar in time for the eventual recovery.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like you almost have to pay cash for a good deal. i am guessing that trade-ins wouldnt exactly be welcome right now, because a trade-in would just be another car in their inventory that isnt going to be moving anytime soon. :dunno:

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree and that's ludicrous to think its Chrysler's fault for the drop in the value of your car. One question, why would you buy a new 08 and then get rid of a few months later? I know situations change but you had to know that a car's value will drop like a rock even without the turbulent economic conditions. Remember, you're not buying an Enzo here. It is just too bad but save yourself the agony and maybe just keep the car.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be happy you did not buy a house 9 months ago instead of the Viper. In most areas you would have lost a heck of a lot more. Most of you sound like a bunch of cry babies. Fuming over your petty (potential) losses while much of the US is finding much larger and much more real losses.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly that has happened a lot recently. I know people are supposed to know about depreciation but I do not think that $20K in half a year is depreciation, that is ROBBERY!

EXACTLY:mad:

Be happy you did not buy a house 9 months ago instead of the Viper. In most areas you would have lost a heck of a lot more. Most of you sound like a bunch of cry babies. Fuming over your petty (potential) losses while much of the US is finding much larger and much more real losses.

First of all 20K may be petty to you but is not petty to me,second I did buy a house 7 months ago and still have my old home to sell so what!! If your so concerened about the rest of the country go and donate to the people who bought in to contracts they knew they could not afford down the road..I do care for the dealers like Tators who was getting forced to close for stupid corporate reasons but dont for the dealers with a ton of inventory crying and forgetting what deals past customers made with them before..If Iam considered a cry-baby so be it but I do believe in Karma.:nono:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas