December 13th Holiday Gathering

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY
You and a guest are invited to the 2008 Central Texas Viper Holiday Feast
Come out for a big fajita lunch with fellow Viper Owners…followed a short dessert run!
Saturday, December 13th at 10:00AM.
Please RSVP by December 12th ([email protected] or 512.565.2094)
Colvin Automotive
2715 Hancock Drive
Austin, TX 78731

Parking is reserved

Now, for the Holiday Spirit of Giving…and a Little Receiving
For $35 per car with 20% going to charity you get:
3x Dyno pulls with A/F printout and video
Holiday Raffle Ticket
Holiday Gift for every Viper
Meet and Greet with NEW MEMBERS
Q/A Session from pain/body to drivetrain to custom fabrication
“MEMBERS ONLY” BENEFITS TO BE DISCLOSED TO ATTENDEES
2009 Viper Round Up Outline to be revealed and you can renew your membership onsite!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any San Antonio Viper owners who want to caravan up to Austin, give a holler!

Hook up point is 3009 exit (Garden Ridge) HEB gas station off I-35N -- easy off, easy on I-35. The HEB gas station is just before the 3009 intersection on the access road.

Let me know so I know how many to expect before we pull out at 9:00 a.m.ish.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many folks usually show up for this? My wife and I are considering driving in from Houston for it. I'll even bring the Slate Vert so Tere and I can compare notes.... :)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many folks usually show up for this? My wife and I are considering driving in from Houston for it. I'll even bring the Slate Vert so Tere and I can compare notes.... :)

I supppose right now we are looking at 20 Vipers or so...still have a couple of weeks though ;)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any San Antonio Viper owners who want to caravan up to Austin, give a holler!

Hook up point is 3009 exit (Garden Ridge) HEB gas station off I-35N -- easy off, easy on I-35. The HEB gas station is just before the 3009 intersection on the access road.

Let me know so I know how many to expect before we pull out at 9:00 a.m.ish.

Email sent to the San Antone folks ;)

this will be a great gathering of snakes!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have something that day that I'm now trying to get out of. I hope I can make it, sounds like a lot of fun.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have something that day that I'm now trying to get out of. I hope I can make it, sounds like a lot of fun.

Will be a blast!!! get out of it...cmon, you own a Viper...next big thing won't be till April...cmon out and get your fix and meet some of the folks from the board :headbang:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now there's a photo op! Three slate snakes!

My plates just came in this week (ordered them before I even bought the Viper). So I'll have 'em on by the 13th.

TX ASP -- too bad Texas doesn't allow eight letters -- SEE MY ASP would have been cool. I guess I could have done C MY ASP. :)

The vipera aspis...
You must be registered for see images

I finally got all the paperwork from the dealer today so I can get her titled and registered. I've been begging them to send it to me for two weeks! I'll never buy from that dealership again, they can't even spell "customer service." Pain in my patoot, but I don't have to work with them any more.

Last edited:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now there's a photo op! Three slate snakes!

My plates just came in this week (ordered them before I even bought the Viper). So I'll have 'em on by the 13th.

TX ASP -- too bad Texas doesn't allow eight letters -- SEE MY ASP would have been cool. I guess I could have done C MY ASP. :)

The vipera aspis...
You must be registered for see images

I finally got all the paperwork from the dealer today so I can get her titled and registered. I've been begging them to send it to me for two weeks! I'll never buy from that dealership again, they can't even spell "customer service." Pain in my patoot, but I don't have to work with them any more.

My plate says "SLATER"..... slate in color, combined with "see ya later" = SLATER (not to mention it is already a common male name). :D

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My plate says "SLATER"..... slate in color, combined with "see ya later" = SLATER (not to mention it is already a common male name). :D

I love vanity plates...if you have a car like ours...vanity plates are almost a requirement...

Granny looking foward to yours i see :)

Eric...I was going to send out an email to the Houston guys...but if you want be sure to invte any of your brotherin to cmon over :drive:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had same problem with my out of state dealer. Texas requires registration with in 20 days of the sale and paper work to be filed at local county tax office. My car sat at dealer for 10 days waiting for transport. The dealer waited to send the paper work after car was picked up and then sent all my paper work to Austin DOT office even after I told them where to mail it to.:mad: By the time it got back to me, I had to pay $337 fine for missing the 20 day window. Bill of sale was dated Aug 25 and I didn't get my paper work in hand until Oct 28. 44 penalty days!!!:omg: But, at the point I didn't care, my temp tags had expired and car was just sitting in garage. I wanted my plates so I could get back on the road again.:drive:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had same problem with my out of state dealer. Texas requires registration with in 20 days of the sale and paper work to be filed at local county tax office. My car sat at dealer for 10 days waiting for transport. The dealer waited to send the paper work after car was picked up and then sent all my paper work to Austin DOT office even after I told them where to mail it to.:mad: By the time it got back to me, I had to pay $337 fine for missing the 20 day window. Bill of sale was dated Aug 25 and I didn't get my paper work in hand until Oct 28. 44 penalty days!!!:omg: But, at the point I didn't care, my temp tags had expired and car was just sitting in garage. I wanted my plates so I could get back on the road again.:drive:

Sorry to hear about ya'lls problems, I guess I am lucky I bought private party after hearing about these dealers. :(

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, where's all these SA Viper folks?

Hopefully, they haven't put their Vipers in mothballs for the "winter." Today would have been a gorgeous day for a Viper cruise.

But I did get two more coats of Zaino on her -- one coat of Z-5 which killed the last of the swirlies (never seen a dealer who could detail a car properly), and one coat of Z-2. Zaino really makes the pearl pop! Dayum, slate is a gorgeous color. I'm lovin' it! :)

Now I need to get some Hawk HPS pads -- the stock brake pads are dusty little suckers! I hate brake dust with a passion!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
My wife and I will be able to make it, please consider this my RSVP for 2 people, 1 Viper. We look forward to meeting everyone Saturday! :headbang:

Eric

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
My wife and I will be able to make it, please consider this my RSVP for 2 people, 1 Viper. We look forward to meeting everyone Saturday! :headbang:

Eric

AWESOME! weather looks perfect! you coming up on Friday or early Saturday?

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, where's all these SA Viper folks?

Hopefully, they haven't put their Vipers in mothballs for the "winter." Today would have been a gorgeous day for a Viper cruise.

But I did get two more coats of Zaino on her -- one coat of Z-5 which killed the last of the swirlies (never seen a dealer who could detail a car properly), and one coat of Z-2. Zaino really makes the pearl pop! Dayum, slate is a gorgeous color. I'm lovin' it! :)

Now I need to get some Hawk HPS pads -- the stock brake pads are dusty little suckers! I hate brake dust with a passion!

Tere, I know at least one person who is interested in a caravan...I believe the other one is coming in on Friday...

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Woohoo-an excuse to get the viper out and running. Battery should get replaced this week and we should be good to go.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere, I know at least one person who is interested in a caravan...I believe the other one is coming in on Friday...
Cool! If you can have those interested in caravaning up Saturday morning shoot me an e-email or PM here, I can keep track of who to expect.

Office holiday party is Friday night, so I can't come up Friday. I am skipping the Z club holiday party on Saturday to be with y'all.

And it's now official. I just bolted TX ASP plates on the rear tonight when I got home. :)

I'm finding an awful lot of folks haven't a clue what an asp is. Hello.... How did Cleopatra off herself according to the legend? Vipera aspis!

Last edited:
OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool! If you can have those interested in caravaning up Saturday morning shoot me an e-email or PM here, I can keep track of who to expect.

Office holiday party is Friday night, so I can't come up Friday. I am skipping the Z club holiday party on Saturday to be with y'all.

And it's now official. I just bolted TX ASP plates on the rear tonight when I got home. :)

I'm finding an awful lot of folks haven't a clue what an asp is. Hello.... How did Cleopatra off herself according to the legend? Vipera aspis!

Will do....

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great...might be a couple of us getting together for lunch if your interested...

I did get Friday off, so we should be in town around lunchtime if you guys get together for lunch. I'll PM you my cel number, is the number on the first post your cel number? See ya soon! :D

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get Friday off, so we should be in town around lunchtime if you guys get together for lunch. I'll PM you my cel number, is the number on the first post your cel number? See ya soon! :D

Got your PM...lunch around noon i suppose...give me a shout when you get in... :drive:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got your PM...lunch around noon i suppose...give me a shout when you get in... :drive:

Great! - Where are you guys meeting so I can print off directions before I leave? (I don't have NAV in my car). General area of town will be fine if you don't have a spot picked out yet. :headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang