December 13th Holiday Gathering

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! - Where are you guys meeting so I can print off directions before I leave? (I don't have NAV in my car). General area of town will be fine if you don't have a spot picked out yet. :headbang:

Cedar Park / North Austin

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both SA and Austin forecast for cloudy and upper 60s for Saturday -- no rain. So it looks like an OK day for this weekend. :)

Geez, these Pilot Sports are really poop when the temp is below 40. I'm not liking them at all regardless of the temp, but low temps are especially horrible. I might have to go with a little narrower rear tire just to get some decent handling rubber on the snake.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both SA and Austin forecast for cloudy and upper 60s for Saturday -- no rain. So it looks like an OK day for this weekend. :)

Geez, these Pilot Sports are really poop when the temp is below 40. I'm not liking them at all regardless of the temp, but low temps are especially horrible. I might have to go with a little narrower rear tire just to get some decent handling rubber on the snake.

Ya, below 50 most of the street tires loose all effectiveness on high HP, lower weight cars...but Granny in her years of experience already new that...lol ;)

Have you thought about Kumhos?

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... I'm taking my detailing stuff to work tomorrow for my "lunch hour" activity. Then I can do a "quickie" once I get to Austin to knock off any road dust.

Anyone else use Zaino? Best thing since sliced bread! :)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... I'm taking my detailing stuff to work tomorrow for my "lunch hour" activity. Then I can do a "quickie" once I get to Austin to knock off any road dust.

Anyone else use Zaino? Best thing since sliced bread! :)

Oh sure...lots of folks use Zaino...because they are insano about their carzo... ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY COW!!! 22 cars signed up with some more folks trying to see if they can make it!!!!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( And it looks like no one from SA wants to hook up for a caravan up to Austin. Bummer...

So I guess I'm doing a solo ride up. See y'all in the AM!

Gotta do something here in SA to light a fire with the Viper folks. Don't know about y'all, but I prefer to drive it rather than look at it sitting in the garage.

First track event of '09 coming up on Jan 17th at Harris Hill Road. :)

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! Thanks to Ryan and the folks at Colvin for putting together a really nice get together AND cruise through the Austin hill country! It was great seeing all those Vipers together.

It really got me going hearing all those Vipers running to the max on the dyno -- a perfect appetizer for the main course of running the twisties.

I was happy with my bone stock baseline numbers too -- 435/474. She went a little rich at 4,800 rpm -- a little tuning tweak to fix that. What a torque monster! Over 450 from 2,500 through 4,800 rpm.

Thanks again Ryan! It was a blast! :):):)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a a blast wasn't it? I know I had fun! Anyone have any pictures that they can email me by chance for me to put online?

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has some, I'll try to send ya some as soon as we get a chance.

Awesome! I am working on getting soft copies of the dyno...also the Video is being worked in...we hope to have it done in a week or so...should be pretty decent :)

Now I just have to figure out why I am running so lean...#@!$%

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way i can get my hands on the originals by chance?

2mb each x 80 pics = e-mail death! :)

I'm not sure if we have compression software at the house to send them that way, but I will check with the wife. Or I can send some individuals pics if you only want certain ones.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not sure if we have compression software at the house to send them that way, but I will check with the wife. Or I can send some individuals pics if you only want certain ones.

Can you guys send me CD by chance?

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can you guys send me CD by chance? I am compiling the images for the scrap book...

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you guys send me CD by chance? I am compiling the images for the scrap book...

Sure, we can burn you a CD. I still have your address. Don't tell me the Houston folks were the only ones who took pics at the Central TX event...... :D :lmao:

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, we can burn you a CD. I still have your address. Don't tell me the Houston folks were the only ones who took pics at the Central TX event...... :D :lmao:

So far...i know some of the folks at Covlin's took pictures...I am getting those also...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang