Decided not to wait for 08

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all... I sold my 99 RT/10 a year ago but can't shake the venom and need another Viper. I have decided NOT to wait for the 2008, partly because I think the premium to be paid is not worth it since just 2 years later the depreciation will accelerate as they introduce the true Gen IV (supposivley sometime in late 09, early 2010).

Second, I would like to take advantage of the winter and buying a possible 2006 SRT-10 new at a discount, drive it until the Gen IV comes out (if it lives up to the expected hype) and save the 08 premium to spend on the 2010.

If any of you know any reputable dealers who don't store thier brand new floor Vipers OUTSIDE IN THE SNOW AND SALT, like the idiot dealers near me, I would greatly appreciate a point in the right direction. Also, I would consider a very low mileage 2006 in black or slate (with or without stripes).

One more question for you all... Is the heat buildup in the cockpit of the Gen III any worse than the Gen II?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will be able to steal an 06...good move..........cockpit is hotter, change the exhaust and your good.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lest not forget the teething isssues they are going to have with the new engine/driveline. You dont have to look too far back like the beginning of gen 3 03/04 when they had the Valve job issue (lower hp) and cam bolt issues, and trashed motors. No, thank you, I'll wait until they iron it all out before I buy the new model. After all my 1st viper was a New 2002, even when i new the 03 was coming out. Then I got the 06 coupe hearing rumors of a new viper being released. Because short of a hard top being added, they really didnt change the car much. Sometimes its better to not be a first adopters.

Call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse dodge, they always take great care of their vipers and customers. (thats a good question, what comes first, the car or the customer?)

Jon

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 06 is black, stored in climate control and has 300 miles on it. I think that most around here would vouch that I take very good care of my cars. PM if you are interested.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RavenFan, sorry for the loss on saturday, Pats will take care of Manning this week for ya.
Thanks for the pic on your vehicle. Only problem I see are the wheels. I like the U and H, but I'll keep it on the back burner while I check out the gentlemen recommended here.

One more question, will I need high-flow cats to reduce the cockpit heat or will cat-back suffice? I had Borla cat-back on my Gen II and it was still hot
as hell.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is just sitting in the garage. I'm moving in May and need to lighten the load... Its my third SRT so the euphoria of 'getting to know the car' isn't there. Plus, the weather has only afforded a few top down days. Spring is coming and somebody will give it a home. Black on this car is just amazing.

Strangely enough, the H pattern wheels are not for me. I'm sure if you really wanted them, you could trade out with someone else.

OP
OP
B

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all who PM'd me and to RavenFan for the pic of the sweet Viper.

I was able to find EXACTLY what I wanted from Bill P. at Woodhouse. The driver tells me he is 8 hours away with my second snake in tow!

Can't say enough about the service/experience with Bill P. Tommorow I confirm that the vehicle is as he advertised.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is just sitting in the garage. I'm moving in May and need to lighten the load... Its my third SRT so the euphoria of 'getting to know the car' isn't there. Plus, the weather has only afforded a few top down days. Spring is coming and somebody will give it a home. Black on this car is just amazing.

Strangely enough, the H pattern wheels are not for me. I'm sure if you really wanted them, you could trade out with someone else.

I see. Well good luck with the sale. Black is just an amazing color for the SRT.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Raven, can you PM me a price if it is still for sale?

Back-in-black, I am assuming you got a black coupe? or vert? just curious. Congrats!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RavenFan, sorry for the loss on saturday, Pats will take care of Manning this week for ya.
Thanks for the pic on your vehicle. Only problem I see are the wheels. I like the U and H, but I'll keep it on the back burner while I check out the gentlemen recommended here.

One more question, will I need high-flow cats to reduce the cockpit heat or will cat-back suffice? I had Borla cat-back on my Gen II and it was still hot
as hell.

Hope you didn't put too much money on the Pats.....

OP
OP
B

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black Vert with H-Wheels Delivered today by WoodHouse!

What a difference from the Gen II. I took it for a tame ride (break in time) and it just fits like a glove. The stereo is more than adequate (I spent over $3K upgrading my Gen II) and the power is just waiting for a stomp on the pedal, but as hard as it is to resist full throttle, I must.

The car came EXACTLY as advertised by Bill P. The delivery driver was super fast and a true gentleman. I almost could not beleive that a 72 year old retired guy could drive from Nebraska to Mass in less than 2 days!

One thing I forgot about was how many gawking fools try to race you on the road. I laughed my A$$ off watching some dude in an Audi A4 revving up at a stop light and stomping on the pedal... Too bad I was turning right as he THOUGHT he might sneak an early lead as the light changed.

More proof Vipers are fun even when your sitting still!

I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I don't have any problem with the cockpit heat, and have 13,000 miles on mine. You might want to drive in the summer to see if you really need to change the exhaust. Have fun! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery