Demounting and Remounting Tires – Suggested Persons/Stores near Chino Hills, CA

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Evening All: I have new tires for the car and would appreciate your suggestions as to best persons/stores that can demount the old stock run-flats and mount the new tires. I am located in Chino Hills, California. Thanks Lynn

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are a little tricky to do. I clamp from the outside of the wheel, not the inside! Make sure to use plastic guards on the clamps as these are aluminum. Also clamp the inside (back) rim and mount the tire on the outside rim as you'll need the drop zone as these tires are wide!

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Lynn,
I know this is not exactly in your neighborhood, but Shoreline Motoring in Huntington Beach is who I use. If you call and let them know you are coming, they can get you done pretty fast. 714-698-1373

Reaction score
I would suggest you call around and find a place that does custom rims (bling wheels) they generally have the newer machines that clamp using the lug holes so the rim is not damaged, the equipment used also never touches the wheel in anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is what we use.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Print this and give to whatever shop you pick:
http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/rimslip.pdf

A lot of people dont notice that the tires slip on the rim especially the first few hours after install. Even knowing this and driving easy the first 24hrs one of my rears slipped a 1/4 turn, the other an 8th. So i can imagine how much the average persons tires slip as people like to "Test" out their new tires as soon as they hit the road.

After having tires mounted Everyone should mark their tire with chalk in-line with the valvestem then check after the first few drives to make sure it stays put. and i know its hard but Dont accelerate abruptly for the first couple days :2tu:

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people dont notice that the tires slip on the rim especially the first few hours after install. Even knowing this and driving easy the first 24hrs one of my rears slipped a 1/4 turn, the other an 8th. So i can imagine how much the average persons tires slip as people like to "Test" out their new tires as soon as they hit the road.

Yikes. So much for wheel balance...

OP
OP
L

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All: Thank you for your input - I will let you know the shop I use. Big"O" had previously said they could do them with no problems, but the rounded rim on the "backs" were a problem for them, despite their new machine. Thanks Again - Lynn

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call American Tire In Covina. Its off the 10 freeway about 7 miles away from Chino Hills. Ask for the manager, Stu Hall. They have the bling style wheel/tire machine mentioned above!

1070 N Azusa Ave,
Covina, CA 91722
www.savontires.com
(626) 858-1876

Last edited: