Detroit MI Woodward Dream Cruise 8/18

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im planning of attending this event next weekend. is there a Detroit meeting spot where you all cruise in together or a meeting area where you guys park? i will be stayn in birmingham and i believe woodward is not to far from there. any help would be appreciated.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only official MCVO gathering I'm aware of will be at the Coffee Beanery by 12 mile and Woodward--Thursday night -- from 6-9 PM. Come on by if you're in town then.

Steve

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct Dimitrios. Sorry about not getting back to you. I was waiting for the board meeting Wednesday. At the meeting there was NO mention of any activity for Saturday. None, nada. Too bad. I always make it down there with friends and expect to this year as well. This is the first year that MCVO has had no presence during the cruise :(

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only official MCVO gathering I'm aware of will be at the Coffee Beanery by 12 mile and Woodward--Thursday night -- from 6-9 PM. Come on by if you're in town then.

Steve

i'll see you guys there!!! im leaving NYC early thursday AM and should arrive late afternoon.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you thought about going to the METRO CRUISE in the Grand Rapids area?? It's one week later, 8/24 and 25.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was great meeting some of you today. Very nice turn out!!!i would of stayed longer but leaving nyc 6am and driving in a viper for 10 hours just gives you a huge headache. Hopefully will see you guys again saturday. Hisserman will call u saturday! Thanks!!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad we missed you at the 'gathering' I saw your car in the lot, but didn't put it with you. By the time I found out--you was gone ;)

We did see you later yesterday afternoon coming off a light in Birmingham. It certainly is an amazing event!

We're over at Niagara Falls now.

Steve

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I share Steve's comments. Before I could put two and two together I missed conversing with you. I know Bruce was trying to find a way to contact you Saturday but the web site being down precluded him from getting the PM. We had a blast both days. The new location was great for sitting back and watching the cruisers go by and for taking a spin ourselves. I can only hope we get it for Thursday AND Saturday next year.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was great to meet the few that i did. the cruise was amazing and never seen anything like that ever. cars after cars after cars. seemed like the viper was the crowds favorite. lots of compliments and comments from the people on the side walk. also got alot of " did you drive it from NY" anyway had a great time overall. i also had a chance to race a white/blu ford GT on woodward, by the zoo when it goes under ground or under some high way. he was tailing me for miles and when we got a nice clear straight away i showed him. after when we came to the light he didnt even look at me or say anything. i guess he was disappointed. ill post pics later on tonight. thanks again!

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, I was parked right next to you and never knew it!

Great pics. As you said cars and cars and cars.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Those are great D. This look like a really cool event. A bunch of sweet cars.
But Chrome won't get ya home:lmao:

Dave

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios,

It was great meeting you at this event. After reading this, it seems I was one of the few that saw your car AND you. Great pics!

Jeff

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D, 1st, pixs:2tu: I've been asked to go to that cruise for years. Lets make a plan to go '08. And lets try to get more Vipers for Hot Rod Power Tour '08. Check out my Hot Rod Thread.

actually ted i was thinking for 2008. it was a great cruise there. 9 hours there and 625 miles each way. stopped for gas 3 times. cruzin in 6th gear at 80-90mph gives you good gas mileage. flew by a few cops doin 80+ and they never came after me. also caught a few races on the ohio turnpike which made the drive more exciting and go by fast. but yes let try to set something up. i had so much fun. lets just say its like deer park ave....from LIE to southern state parkway.....thousands of hotrods, exotics cruzin and parked on the side walk, with fans on both sides of the street, greeting you, taking your pic, and asking you to rev your motor or do a burn out. was really fun...your merc would kick *** there, your son could drive the viper..

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios,

It was great meeting you at this event. After reading this, it seems I was one of the few that saw your car AND you. Great pics!

Jeff

hey jeff, great meeting you too. BTW your car looks sick in person....that hood and kit kicks ***. hopefully see you again next year

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome photos! Thanks for sharing! I have got to get to that next year sure looks like alot of fun. Maybe we can get a group from IL to meet and cruise up together next year.
I want the batmobile!:drive:
Thanks again for sharing.:D