Diamondback Viper in Autoblog!

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
It cost ASC about $750,000 to build the Viper back in 2006, but only 55 miles later, it's up for grabs for $295k.

Why does he want to sell her ???

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the raffle in 07 0r 08? I do not recall. If it was in 07, I wonder what they used as the value of the car for the purpose of determining the amount of their winnings. 250K is only an asking price but is some indication of what they think the car is worth in a DOWN market. I think it might have been more prudent to list the car on Ebay with a reserve and no "Buy It Now Price". They then could have arguably used the highest bid as a component of the evidence used to ascertain value. Of course, it would only be a component since the market was much better at the time they won the car.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is bad@$$ but the color scheme is hideous. Other than originality, why would anyone spend that much money on that one when you could invest less than that and have twice the HP on another Viper with a decent color scheme?

DR EVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is bad@$$ but the color scheme is hideous. Other than originality, why would anyone spend that much money on that one when you could invest less than that and have twice the HP on another Viper with a decent color scheme?

I know right!! Why would someone spend so much money on an old mopar that came from the factory with a hemi when they could just buy a base car and put a new more powerful hemi in that? Think of how fast a dart with $500k+ into could be!!:rolleyes:

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car should end up with a collector. One-of-a-kind status is worth something to some people. It is not always about the horsepower. Lots of cars from the 60's and 70's have less horsepower, handle like turds and command big bucks. The carbon fiber work is flawless and difficult to repair/replace. Again-its all about finding the right person to own this car.

Kurt E

V

Venomiss

This car should end up with a collector. One-of-a-kind status is worth something to some people. It is not always about the horsepower. Lots of cars from the 60's and 70's have less horsepower, handle like turds and command big bucks. The carbon fiber work is flawless and difficult to repair/replace. Again-its all about finding the right person to own this car.

Kurt E

I would agree with Kurt. This is a one of one car and pictures are good but this Viper must be seen in person to appreciate it. This car and pictures were in Viper Magazine as it was a raffle car.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree with Kurt and Mary. This car is one of one a part of Viper History and as such is very valuable. A car collector would be very lucky to have this car in there garage.

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was the raffle in 07 0r 08? I do not recall. If it was in 07, I wonder what they used as the value of the car for the purpose of determining the amount of their winnings. 250K is only an asking price but is some indication of what they think the car is worth in a DOWN market. I think it might have been more prudent to list the car on Ebay with a reserve and no "Buy It Now Price". They then could have arguably used the highest bid as a component of the evidence used to ascertain value. Of course, it would only be a component since the market was much better at the time they won the car.

I bought 3 raffle tickets but before I did I checked what the value was for tax purposes & if I remember correctly it was 120k.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the estimated value by those holding the lottery. If you look at the posts on the thread involved you will see a somewhat spirited and detailed discussion on this point. The IRS is not bound by that guesstimate. If the car sells for say $200,000.00 in a down market like this, the IRS could argue that it had a higher value at the time of the raffle since the market was much stronger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang