Different Pics - Items of Note on SRT/10

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the new SRT10 is home. Thanks to a VERY good friend, we are now the proud owners of a silver 2003 and I have to say I am really excited. Thought we'd share some different pics...

Like the underside of the car - it's amazing how much of the underside is covered...
underlookingforward.JPG

And the new oilpan
oilpan2003.JPG

And the new crossover and the heat shield that protects the diff... Don't expect too may exhaust companies to be jumping into this one too soon...
crossover.JPG

And - for all you new owners, call PartsRack and get the trunk finishing kit- it's a GREAT item - perfect fit, and looks VERY cool. Got this for Christmas and it's a must have. Mats are nice, too, but since the plastic is still on, they aren't in.
trunk1.JPG

We did find a couple of concerns...

The rear parking brake cable was too close to the wheel and would definitely hit the wheel weights without some adjustment - we'll probably use a cable tie...
rearwheelissue.JPG

And lastly, three of the four upper ball joints were overfilled to the point of spewing some nasty grease around. None so full that the ball joints were damaged, but messy nonetheless. (And near brake discs...) Sorry for picture quality....
balljointissue.JPG

You all may want to check these things and we'll work to have these items passed on to CAAP manufacturing.

Of course is SNOWED the day before we were to pick it up (and I was a bit under the weather, too) so we have not had it out. Then to add insult to injury, our street entrance gets no sunlight, so it became a sheet of of ice. ARRGGHHH!!! and then they sanded.. so it's a mess getting in and out of the neighborhood. Maybe tomorrow - but probably this coming week - when it warms up....
supergrin.gif

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only Janni post a handfull of pictures, all under the car!!!haha, good stuff.

How about a dyno run after breakin and see if the numbers creep up a bit from the 447 pull a while back?

Do you mean the stock exhaust looks tricky to duplicate or done correctly that a new one may not produce more power.....those pipses look pretty thick.

take care,

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Janni and Henry on their new Viper/SRT 10. Now tell us when are you going to let Henry drive it ? Just kidding of course. Enjoy this great new Viper. Libby and I have since December 24.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
GREAT info, Janni. Do you know the "why" or "what's up" with the HYDRAULIC FAN ??? Unless my service manual is wacko...it runs off the power steering pump...clever, but worrisome to me if P.S. goes out. This was probably well discussed pre-production, and I just missed out. HAVE FUN with your new Snake !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960